More skill suggestions

Got an idea? Keep it to yourself!! Just kidding, leave them here and discuss them with your fellow players.

More skill suggestions

Postby Mianang » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:02 pm

Fleeing from an opponent into the room behind that opponent is somewhat disheartening, especially if you're facing a quest opponent. The battle is going well, you realize you need to rest and come back, so you flee.. only to be trapped behind your foe, with the foe standing between you and the path to the nearest shrine. You dare not enter the room and attempt to flee again, in case you're defeated in your already wounded state, so you rest in a non-tick room while your opponent regains his health as well. What if there were a retreat skill or something similar? Having the ability to specify which direction you flee would be helpful. I recognize that sometimes during battle, opponents circle each other and itmight be impossible to flee the way you would like, but I think it might be something to think about.

Edit: Ok, wandering around the forum, I came upon a post about "spamming a keyboard" to attack another in the event of a countdown type situation. This made me think about my battles, and how I might sometimes spam commands, especially the "flee" command so that I'll hopefully flee as soon as I recover from my previous attack. With autoattack, I wouldn't have to hit the "!" key to see the countdown "Please wait 2 seconds" "Please wait 1 second" "You grab the whatever whatever..." The reason I don't use autoattack too much is because I'll be giving the opponent an extra attack since autoattack kicks in after their attack. Also, if I score a critical hit which stuns the other, autoattack won't kick in until they recover and begin attacking again. Would it be possible to code it so that you attack every 3 seconds regardless of the status of your opponent, or waiting to be attacked yourself?

Edit #2: There are many times in combat where I am seemingly ignored while other members of my group are dealt the majority of the blows. In some cases, they are forced to flee, leaving me to face the remaining battle alone. How about a rescue or sacrifice skill or something similar where one combatant can throw themselves in the way of an attack aimed at another person in the group? I might see that Kaneda is hurt, and might "rescue kaneda". The first blow aimed at Kaneda has a chance of hitting me instead, thus removing the rescue flag, (I might not want ALL attacks aimed at me). The downside might be having a character with high health being able to group with others who would then be risk-free in combat. Maybe if it was not always successful, it would still allow risk for all party members involved..
Mianang

Return to Suggestions