Outlaw

Got an idea? Keep it to yourself!! Just kidding, leave them here and discuss them with your fellow players.

Outlaw

Postby Kampfer » Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:35 pm

we need two kills to become an outlaw (in a certain lap of time) if someone start the attack and I kill him I become outlaw.. its only normal I defend myself.

Maybe made outlaw only if the attacker make the kill
Kampfer

Postby Valiant » Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:37 pm

The problem is that there is no official fight. Each attack is a new one as far as the system is concerned.

For how long should an attacked player be able to freely kill his attacker ?
Valiant

Postby Kampfer » Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:42 am

So we should put town guards interfere in a non-clanned players fight if its in town and both jailed for troubling the peace? (cause outlaw is to prevent pkill people who don't really want to fight)... well sounds a good idea that too :)

But again.. I will take the last exemple it happen to me... Andricus (fighter lvl 8) started to taunt me.. and pat me on the head.. in "roleplay" sorry but a dark knight lvl 17 won't let a silly low fighter make a fool of him.

So I challenged him.. he said "yeah yeah wait a sec" so he comes out.. with Ivan... is little sidekick mage. So I just wither and immolate that silly powerless fighter and fixed Ivan casting some Crush on me... so I was bored to see my HP droping like that so I just show him some true casting power.. so Immolate him too... both died.. and tadam.. I became a outlaw. (I don't think I will die from the bounty hunter but if I really have to be a outlaw it should be for a good reason...remember.. I'm a darkknght).

People who clan means they want to pkill each other (based on roleplay events) then.. why should I be punished for killing those fools. cause if I don't my actual roleplay will drop because I will be "Kampfer the Too Kind Dread Knight", could be cool to have a different title than the others but I don't like this one :wink:

So.. the final word from that crap of mine is.. the idea of getting jailed by town guards should be a good alternative to non-sense outlaw like the previous one. The guards thing can be like... you fight them if you get 'killed' you remains at 1hp and you get jailed.

Well that was my point ..see you next time :wink:
Kampfer

Postby Melodor » Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:10 am

Okay, in my view this is a case of roleplay sabotage and the best thing to do is to ignore it or OOC them to stop being idiots. If I'd seen it they'd have earned a negative RP award and a clip round the ear. The whole bounty hunter thing is one under discussion, but really your best bet here would have been not to take such stupid behaviour as being valid roleplay and therefore not to deign it with an in character response.
Melodor

Postby Ghandi » Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:20 am

I agree that you become outlaw very fast. There seems to be a period until you can pkill again, but i don't know how long that period is.

Just like Kampfer, i became outlaw once just because an assassin was trying to backstab me for no reason. There was no contract on me (hehe, im too expensive 114k) so i think it was more an act of roleplaying. So i smashed him to limbo. No outlaw...first pkill. But the foolish assassin tries to stab me in the back again. I was talking at Dwar's tavern and there he showed up again. Did an engulf spell (wow, it worked. It surprised me as well) and a good hit and he was send to limbo again. Boom...outlaw. Same case like Kampfer: A ordained paladin can not let an minor assassin try to backstab him unpunished. Gave him a warning, but if he keeps on backstabbing me, i think i have the right to solve my problem personally as the town guards refuse to interfere.

Maybe a new roleplay element: a jail in my keep. If i have problems with other players (with good reason of course) and i defeat them, i can put them in my own jail :twisted: . They can defeat or bribe the guard to get out, have to be rescued or have to sit their time out to get out.

P.S. Players can bribe. Is this something that actually works or do you need to bribe with extremely high amounts. Don't think that anyone uses this function. My chars never succeeded a bribe at least. Maybe others did.
Ghandi

Postby Ghandi » Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:49 am

But can you guys explain how bribe works and if it can add an element on roleplaying? Not that my paladin will try to bribe of course....unless he got good reasons :wink:
Ghandi

Postby Scorpion » Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:43 pm

A question about RP and pkills/outlaw.
As being an orc, and a group of elfs/dark-elfs (wonder how they can live with each other.... ) starts to hunt the orc. So what could the orc do? Hide? or accept the challenge.. and kill her nemesis? But i can't kill more then 1 of them, else i get outlaw. So can't do much, but that group can kill met much, cause they are with more. Can't there be a difference between pkill and RP pkill?
Scorpion

Postby Kampfer » Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:03 pm

Maybe adding a flag when people group. If one of the group is killed by the prey (or any non-grouped player) ,the outlaw mode could be bypass by the flag.

This idea need to be worked little more... but its still a beginning :)
Kampfer

Return to Suggestions