Tourney exits

Got an idea? Keep it to yourself!! Just kidding, leave them here and discuss them with your fellow players.

Tourney exits

Postby Scorpion » Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:51 pm

During the tourney your heart is beating like it's being chased by a treathening disease. You allmost drown cause you sweat that much. And then.. BANG. Your dead.

Obvious exits: amethyst, tourney.

So you start to type go t about 10 times a sec, cause you want to go back as fast as possible. Then you come at the healing place.

Obvious exits: tourney, healing loop.

BUT, cause you are typing that fast, you got immediately to the tourney to fight again... with 1 hp and 0 mp.

Perhaps it's better to make that 2nd tourney exit arena or something. it happened to me and jagg i think... perhaps to more.
Scorpion

Postby Ghandi » Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:30 pm

First of all, you can see when you are close entering the tourney again after waiting 10 secs and therefore should be aware of it. If you are still typingg that fast when your 10 secs are running up, then it's your own stupid fault. Second thing, to prevent typing fast, use telnet next time. No way you can type that fast as you can with Zmud. I'd never entered the tourney with 1hp and 0mp :P .
Ghandi

Postby Kampfer » Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:05 am

Ghandi you right.. with using telnet it won't happen.. same as winning that tourney :wink:
Kampfer

Postby Ghandi » Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:28 am

Hey, i got 4 kills. I even got two in a row before i got killed again. I think i deserve a prize for that too.
Ghandi

Postby Scorpion » Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:17 pm

and 20 deaths... most of all.. yeah. You should have a prize for that too.
Scorpion

Postby Ghandi » Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:01 pm

Didn't start counting that. Telnet screen is very limited.
Ghandi

Postby jagg » Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:37 pm

Ha! You don't think I got through all my magic, do you? I went back in with 1hp and about half mp, I think, so I managed to heal up a bit. Of course, knowing the extent of Jagg's healing abilities, you'll realise how much benefit THAT was...

I demand an rp award for such stoopid behaviour! :lol:
jagg

Postby Scorpion » Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:29 am

Perhaps any comment of DM/Laison for the question about the exits . . .
Scorpion

Postby Ruan » Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:06 am

Indeed. Most of you seem to spam so much that whole screens can go by before you even realise you are dead - which is laughable. No, we have no intention of renaming the exits. If you are spamming that much then you deserve all you get. We'd be more interested in methods which would INCREASE the effects of player skill, not decrease it to the level where the biggest spammer wins. How about some suggestions along those lines?
Ruan

Postby Kampfer » Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:42 pm

well.. maybe have an idea for the tourney's rooms

why don't put some random "enhanced magic" room in the arena for the tourney.... like mayn place in Dapetan. each tourney new rooms are enhanced.. or a timer, which will change 5-6 times the rooms location in the 15mins tourney :)
Kampfer

Postby Ghandi » Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:58 pm

Im not agreeing on kampfer as magic already beats physical power during tourneys. Wouldn't seem fair if they had that advantage as well. Just look at last tourney results. Top 3 were all casters. Ghandi was forth unfortunately, but being lvl 18 i would have expected he would do better, but he just can't.
Ghandi

Postby Kampfer » Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:01 am

without casting spells you can't win the tourney... and the trick Tipsy used was too good... I shoulda think about it.. but it was my second tourney so with time I will learn some trick. and finally win!
Kampfer

Postby Keezheekoni » Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:17 am

All I have to say is...

Confuse!
protect magics
resist magic even

-Keez
Keezheekoni

Postby Melodor » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:01 am

Ghandi wrote:Im not agreeing on kampfer as magic already beats physical power during tourneys. Wouldn't seem fair if they had that advantage as well. Just look at last tourney results. Top 3 were all casters. Ghandi was forth unfortunately, but being lvl 18 i would have expected he would do better, but he just can't.

The top 3 were casters?! Oh dear... You forgot to mention that you and Blakenshield were the only noncasters to enter (if you are counting Dark Knights as casters, as it would appear).
It's up to you if you choose not to use potions, to resist magic, to confuse the mages when you see them rather than just standing there. Tipsy, Meglaz and Kampfer played well and deserved their places. You could think more about developing some kind of strategy or lose with good grace and congratulate the others for their deserved victory.

Never say "can't". Ghandi could win if someone more determined was playing him. It's not the fact that he's a paladin, it's the fact that you take him into a tourney in much the same way as you take him into the bandit camp. Kampfer's player was ruthless and fairly well prepared. A little adjustment to his strategy and he could well be the next winner. If Ghandi's player never develops a strategy he won't win, but that's not because Ghandi is incapable of it.
Melodor

Postby Ghandi » Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:52 am

This tourney Ghandi went in prepared. He had a strategy. He tried confuse on others before tourney and saw that it lasttoo short to keep his enemy confused. So this time his strategy was to do as much damage as he can, by casting shatterstone, as i would think i could cast that reasonably with 62% earth. I was wrong :( I also prepared myself against magics. I went in almost every time with protect-fire, but it only lasts for one minute. Using potions? Can't heal that fast with scarlets or gold chased whisky flasks as you can with goldens which i can't obtain. Using protect-earth items are out of the question as they are hard enough to obtain. But i do agree that i could have used some protect-air potions :roll:
Ghandi

Next

Return to Suggestions