Level cap increase

Got an idea? Keep it to yourself!! Just kidding, leave them here and discuss them with your fellow players.

Level cap increase

Postby Jaster » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:47 am

Ok I know the reactions on this will be mixed but hear me out. I think a level cap increase would be good to draw back some of the old players and also to give something more for those of us still trying to catch up to strive for. I'd even be willing to take a fairly large increase in exp needed to advance above 18 if it would make that a possibility. LoS isn't just a game it's an experience and no matter what I keep coming back and it would be nice to see some familiar faces around again.
Jaster

Postby Shod » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:13 pm

This would be a great idea, especially if it brought more players back. I think most people would want to get the higher levels. Even if the increase was just to level 20 or something... It shouldn't make the game TOO easy, but it would allow teams of 2 people or even solo people to do a little bit more. If programing it in isn't too complicated then that would be a great addition to the game.
Shod

Postby Kampfer » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:34 am

I haven't visit the forum for a while now.. sorry

To have been there for almost half of my life (I'm 30, damn!) The game was only growing, I have seen the level drop, new batch of players, new areas, more of the relation between NPCs, the story which was evolving with the actions of players...

The major reason why I left, wasn't only because the level cap, if only that would change, I won't be back that easy (hehe)

I play LOTRO for a while now, one of the best game ever played, story about the fellowship of the ring, areas where Frodo and company goes, you follow them to clean the mess they left behind (they got it easy), well even that game has its downside, It bacome annoying, can't go further after few weeks/months, They release some expansions and new vision of the game play after each expansion... that is why I keep playing. Sadly LOS, the best game I played (yes its better than LOTRO), can hardly bring the spark back.

The whole engine needs to be done and functional, with more options, new ways to do things, etc.

Where are you Flint 2.0?!

JP
Kampfer, the guy you have to hate!

P.S. I still love all of you ;)
Kampfer

Postby Jaster » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:25 am

I know I started playing LoS after the reset when the cap was put down to 18 so it's been a while but not as long as you hehe. I do remember a dark knight helping my first fighter on one of his quests to kill a gnoll warrior it might vary well have been you. I'd like to think my ability to RP has increased from back then.

I've been playing FFXI for 4.5 years now and there's been lots to do and it's been fun but it's become stagnant doing the same things over and over.

I like how in LoS i can get on adopt my persona and just go with it on an adventure. I'd like as much as anyone for more quests to be finished, more answers to be found and new spells and exciting discoveries to be added.

Recently I've been thinking of quitting FFXI and more recently my PS3 crapped out :cry: While it's being fixed I thought I'd come back to LoS and see if I couldn't find a few more things and get a few players to come back if even just for the holidays.

Maybe you can tell me what's behind the door in the library you must be lv 25 or higher to go through unless our DMs see my post and decide I should be given the opportunity to go check for myself :wink:
Jaster

Postby Shihan » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:09 pm

The cap came about for a number of reasons.

The first was simply that the world was too small to support people going up to level 25.

The second was that there is a back story which is woven throughout the game and levelling quests were developed with this story in mind.

The third is that we planned and wanted to raise the level cap but we had to get as much of the core world in place first and to raise the cap we'd have to write new areas, new quests and new challenges (as part of the grand plan of course!)

This was then made worse when we realised that the three central towns were simply too small. We had already started rewriting them before real world events overtook us.

The idea of flint 2.0 is appealing, and one I've pondered on. I won't say it can't happen but I'd need a lot more spare time to bring it to life. Things changed to make my LoS time minimal, they may change the other way, who knows....
Shihan
Site Admin

Postby Kampfer » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:46 pm

Well, if it happens, take the time to let me know and I'll be back around ;)
Kampfer

Return to Suggestions