Multi-class

Got an idea? Keep it to yourself!! Just kidding, leave them here and discuss them with your fellow players.

Multi-class

Postby Kampfer » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:25 pm

We might have talked about multi-classing in the past but I don't find any trace of it on the forum.

With your willingness to improve LoS once more, is that something that can be achieved more easily?
Kampfer

Postby Valiant » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:19 pm

Isn't this pretty much covered in single classes though?

For example:

Fighter + Cleric = Paladin / Dark Knight
Fighter + Thief = Assassin
Fighter + Mage = Alchemist

Granted, it seems to be mostly Figher + something. A mage/thief might be something interesting, or a barbarian/mage (shaman)...

Wait... Mage + Thief would be the Bard, so that's covered.
Valiant

Postby Kampfer » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:44 pm

Mage + Thief = Bard... Wrong, since went a Bard can open a look and sneak attack? :P

Fighter + Thief = Assassin... Since when it can open a lock, or have you seen a Assassin circling its prey?

I believe having multi-class could bring more colorful characters around, allowing to have new abilities to our characters and new combat tactics. Having one class with no chance to learn new tricks is abnormal, you gain experience and levels, you learn to be stronger in something but you are too dumb to learn anything new even if you have 20 Int to learn to cast or 20 dex to learn to picklock.

As a D&D player I can tell you there is something to do with multi-classing that would bring a whole new and fresh wind to LoS.

We can achieve multi-classing with hardcore RP, like Nrel did, he was a Cleric and turned into a Dark-Knight, keeping his abilities of cleric and gaining some new Dark-Knight abilities.
Kampfer

Postby Shihan » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:06 pm

Ahhhhh an area where I'd hoped things might stay quiet. Multiclassing would require a significant re-design of the code but extending the classes by adding new features and mixing/matching in different ways was already started. Clerics were to be expanded so that you had the options of evil or neutral clerics (not just druids), rogues and necromancers were also being coded, and once coded lots of testing to make sure the new features fit properly into the game. Once the coding was done we'd then have to integreate the new classes into the database, write levelling quests, update the lore and generally make new stuff.
Shihan
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions