LOS weather

Got an idea? Keep it to yourself!! Just kidding, leave them here and discuss them with your fellow players.

LOS weather

Postby Kampfer » Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:53 pm

I can see different weather.. depend on which season I guess.. could you incorporate the season in the time command maybe? or its another command I just don't know?
Kampfer

Postby Ruan » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:58 am

We have had some 'interesting' plans for weather for a while. Plans which coincide to a degree with your suggestions... and which we'd rather not share with other muds which are scouting for ideas. I hope you understand why I removed some of this thread and I'd like to suggest that Kampfer, Ghandi and Scorpion contact a DM or Liaison privately (first) about any *big* ideas rather than posting them here, since (happily) your ideas of what would be nice for LoS appear to often coincide with our own. The todo list is big, but we'd rather not publicise its details.
Ruan

Postby Kampfer » Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:10 pm

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I successfully hack the server and access the TODO list!! MUHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

(joking ahahahhahaha) :D
and its nice to see we really fit in the land by giving ideas which are coinciding with plans :)
Kampfer

Postby Kampfer » Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:33 pm

Ruan wrote:I'd like to suggest that Kampfer, Ghandi and Scorpion contact a DM or Liaison privately (first) about any *big* ideas

and why not make a special section where only those three little guys could post big stuff? its more like a privilege but we look like to be the only one to care about giving ameliorations idea for LoS.

I have to say it.. since january 1st, I played over 23days of gametime, so its like my life.. so I try to put some accommodations to make it more confortable :)
Kampfer

Postby Ghandi » Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:12 am

Have to admit i didn't played much last few months, but at work i've got plenty of time to think about new ideas for LoS. Since Kampfer, Scorpion and i played this mud for two years or more (think i just past my 2 two years anniversery in february somewhere. When did char first played actually?) and we got used to the LoS enviroment, we're searching for new stuff to make it more interesting for us and for LoS. But when we rp, it's usually between Kampfer, Keezeekhoni, Scorpion and Valiant (not much with Valiant actually. I only see him at tourneys lately). All respected players with the same ideas usually. So we try to make the best of LoS.

I agree with Kampfer on the idea to make a special secret section for ideas and suggestions. Most ideas come because we are triggered by the ideas of others. Same with the previous idea :wink: .

Maybe another idea: If you have a problem, maybe ask some players to think about it too. It could lead to some great ideas maybe.
Ghandi

Postby Valiant » Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:03 pm

Ghandi wrote:(not much with Valiant actually. I only see him at tourneys lately)

Well, Tipsy is still around every now and then...

Main problem is that finally some decent games are being released in this period.

But you're right I guess, I should maintain my characters a bit better...

Don't worry, I doubt I'll abandon years of work that easily ;)
Valiant

Postby Kaedan » Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:00 pm

If we have a problem? *grin*

We haven't many problems that we don't know how to solve other than a simple lack of time. I can say with complete honesty and no small amount of understatement that we have no shortage of ideas *points to the huge todo-library* and that we even know how to implement most of them! The biggest reason you poor people don't get to see more updates is that we simply haven't the time to implement it all. That goes for both the server coding and world building.

Mostly we 'like' for you to suggest things to see how well our thoughts of what's fun for LoS matches yours (the players) as it can be easy to become 'out of touch' with the players when you've DMed for a long time. A problem with allowing these suggestions to stay in the public domain is that when you do suggest something similar so something we've been looking at we don't want such ideas to be nabbed by other MUDs. Most ideas are simply common sense, so it's inevitable that other MUDs think of them too, but not always so we do have to guard ourselves from some of the less scrupulous mud-admins out there who are more than a little willing to finch someone elses ideas. We do listen to your ideas and occasionally something does come up which isn't already in our list. We do appreciate the feedback.

It is quite likely that I'll either restrict access to the suggestions thread on the BB or remove it completely and look at adding something within LoS itself. Having to moderate the forums as well as LoS takes too much time away from our building and coding.

So..how else can you help?

Short of giving us lots and lots of money so we can work on MUD creation full-time - go on... you know you want to - I can only really suggest that you help us by training your fellow players, thus making it that we don't need to spend as much time watching you or trying to train new players ourselves.

As you have probably noticed we spend an awful lot of our time watching LoS, whispering in players ears when they're doing well and prodding them with sharpened sticks when they're misbehaving. After the wipe there were a few players who took it upon themselves to champion the art of roleplay and the personal rewards of achieving things yourself without being handed it on a plate. They did their best to impress these beliefs on the new players so that LoS was more 'alive' than ever. Now *you* are the experienced players who enjoy roleplaying and (hopefully) appreciate earning things yourself, and LoS has a new batch of novice players. Train them for us, teach them how to roleplay and encourage them to search out things for themselves... these people have friends that they might encourage to play and if they see LoS as a friendly and fun place to be, it can only mean more players to hang out and have a laugh with.

We have noticed that some of you have already been 'training' some of the new players and believe me, it is appreciated.

Now... I've spent long enough on this post, it's back to design and coding work for this DM.

--Kaedan
Kaedan

Postby Kampfer » Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:34 pm

### Kampfer grins evilly.

I'm training people to think.. they are so weak minds.. so easy to brainwash.. well.. good students :twisted:
Kampfer

Postby Ghandi » Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:58 am

The todo-list.....as mysterious as the question if there's life in outer space.

Thanks for explaining this all to us. Maybe the title of this section misleads us a bit. So instead of thinking about new stuff, we will try to think about the existing stuff which perhaps could be enhanced. That todo list must be pretty long with new ideas (how many pages is it actually?).

It's true that in my beginning (+/- 2 months after pwipe) i started to play without any knowledge about mudding or roleplaying. Special thanks to those, both players and DMs, who helped me guiding through LoS...how to mud and especially how to roleplay. It helped me a lot to become what i am now. Though i got quite far with rp (title and keep) i still consider myself not fully experienced with rp.
A paladin can rp by shouting and yelling he's the best and that all evil should be eliminated, but after a while, we all know this and there's nothing new to it and you might get reactions like "Oh, it's him again *sigh*."
The hard part is to rp with the characteristics. I think i did reasonably with that, but could be better of course. Teaching others to rp might be hard, since the way you teach them could create a personality that the new player might have for his time being.
So i think that's important that we, the 'experienced' players, could get some feedback on how we are doing with rp with our own chars and teaching the new ones. We don't want to see bad rp. I think well teached rp to new players will make them stay more instead that they have to change the way they rp every now and then. They might think "Am I never doing it right?"

So here's the idea/suggestion! Since the importance of rp (fun and gaining new players), could it be possible that the staff could give his opinion/comment about some players here about how they rp and how they could improve it a bit or what's the best way to teach new players the 'LoS-experience'? I think it would benefit us all.
Ghandi

Postby Kampfer » Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:17 pm

Ghandi wrote:could it be possible that the staff could give his opinion/comment about some players here

Good idea.. perhaps not posting it here (or return to the special section for us) or DMs, you can ask us in privacy some help don't be shy :wink: If we have some problem with RP we can ask you some help and you will enjoy to give them to us.. same here :)

Ghandi wrote:about how they rp and how they could improve it a bit or what's the best way to teach new players the 'LoS-experience'?

"LoS-experience" I know my RP gets better and better but I still wonder if I'm in the right path for RP and Kron's will (that mysterious god don't open his mouth to ask his minions anything ---> :wink: <--- )

Ghandi wrote:I think it would benefit us all.

True.

and btw Ghandi.. Ghandi's RP is good.. he is a low int character and play that well by taunting Kampfer like he's doing.. and he don't know the limit where he should stop before being doomed by Kampfer :twisted:
Kampfer

Postby Ghandi » Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:58 pm

Hahaha, how do you explain all the stuff he found? Only by luck? Don't think so!
Ghandi

Postby Scorpion » Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:06 pm

You got your orb. Perhaps that orb is your 'new' brains and help you find things. ;)
Scorpion

Postby Ghandi » Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:09 pm

HEY! I earned that orb by finding stuff.
Ghandi

Postby Kampfer » Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:42 pm

being stupid and founding stuff by falling over a brush or a rock doesn't mean you are wise.. we still call that LUCK... like the last fight I had with you.. you were lucky to confuse me and disable me from casting.. or you were dead! :twisted:
Kampfer

Postby Ghandi » Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:44 pm

That has nothing to do with luck. i know offensing casting abilities as far stronger stronger than mine, but my physical powers are stronger that yours. So it's wisdom to prevent you from using your magic. :wink:
Ghandi

Next

Return to Suggestions