Helping Newbies

Got an idea? Keep it to yourself!! Just kidding, leave them here and discuss them with your fellow players.

Helping Newbies

Postby Scorpion » Sun May 02, 2004 2:36 pm

As newbies enter this dungeon, I think it would be nice to give them a little gift, like a welcome gift. a (not that good) weapon of the skill (s)he choose, perhaps a cloak and some pants.. just to get started.

Perhaps give it to them as reward for completing the newbie training....
Scorpion

Postby Ruan » Sun May 02, 2004 3:48 pm

I'm building it! It's taking a while because I keep getting bored and have lots of other things to do that are more interesting than putting logic and talks onto creatures, but soon I'll finish it and you people can test it out...
Ruan

Postby Scorpion » Sun May 02, 2004 4:47 pm

:)... well, can only test it if i can play the game.. which i can't for about 2 days now.. argg

starting to shake a bit... must play . . . . . L O S ..
Scorpion

Postby Scorpion » Sun May 02, 2004 4:51 pm

btw.. didn't knew about the weapons... knew about the area only
Scorpion

Postby Ruan » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:08 pm

The newbie zone has now been added. Please give it a whirl and post any constructive comments here because I shall be observing and contemplating improvements.
Ruan

Postby Valiant » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:19 pm

Well the first bug was already solved :)

Some minor issues...

As a first impression I got rather overwhelmed by lots of text/hints to read. While reading one hint several others may appear. Some people may be using simple Telnet, especially newbies and too much text appearing in a short timespan may be disturbing.

It apparently isn't made for multiple players at the same time... I got a message about having killed a golem which I hadn't even seen yet. I already messaged this in-game, and usually there won't be more than one player, but still... for perfection this might be improved :)

For the rest, it looks great :)
Valiant

Return to Suggestions