lvl 2 spells

Got an idea? Keep it to yourself!! Just kidding, leave them here and discuss them with your fellow players.

lvl 2 spells

Postby Scorpion » Sun May 02, 2004 10:43 pm

About that shop in Amethyst. I don't care about the lvl 1 spells they are selling, cause those spells are basic spells. But the lvl 2 spells, i don't agree that they sell those.

Those lvl 2 spells are hard to get. I can allmost say that only a few (or even none) of the newbies, like those dark-elves, don't know where to get dustgust, or waterbolt, fireball. Which i think is fun to search for. i can remember me, with scorpion, trying to get dustgust.. just for the collection, cause i can't cast. Can't remember if i ever got a scroll or not.. think i bought it. Which is a same i think. i should have got a scroll.

From your point of view.. well i think it is. You think those lvl 2 spells are also basic. A mage should have a lvl 2 spell, else they won't survive. They get hit too much and with a lvl 1 they can't do that much damage without having bind. True.. for mages. But still, the quest for lvl 2 spells for others is gone... sadly enough.

Well, my point of view about it.
Scorpion

Postby Keezheekoni » Mon May 03, 2004 12:30 am

Acknowledgement and Concurrence.
Keezheekoni

Postby Kampfer » Mon May 03, 2004 12:48 am

Scorpion.. the traffic have augmented very much.. now try to figure how it is to get Crush... its really a hell part for a mages.

but I agree 5k for a 2nd spell lvl is not enough
Kampfer

Postby erynn » Mon May 03, 2004 6:14 am

Interesting comments seeing as you guys were giving away, or selling for 1-2k these level 2 scrolls. At least the shop price of 5k gives some sort of guideline. Similarly bind and confuse are apparantly sold cheap or given away these days. It's hard to see how to stop this other than by trying to teach the new players to put proper values on things (scrolls having decent values in pawnshops would help - most of us have no clue what price to ask). All other measures increase the value of the scrolls too much to players that don't need the spell - or encourage people to drag others on quests.

Once you are high level there is nothing to stop you getting 20 keys for invisibility and just handing them out to everyone you bump into and making yourself lots of devoted little friends. Other than that this completely ruins the game of course. You guys can do more to solve this problem than I'd imagine could ever be coded. Just teach the new ones how to play...

Erynn
erynn

Postby Ghandi » Mon May 03, 2004 8:12 am

I don't have invisibility yet :oops:
Ghandi

Postby Illyatra » Mon May 03, 2004 10:51 am

I have to disagree with you Scorpion about selling level 2 spells. although the price maybe wrong. (even though it took me till level 5 or 6 to buy one) I see nothing wrong with selling them. I figure they sell level two and three weapons at almost every weapon shop, but offensive spells are only sold at one place (that i know of) I think that seems quite fair to me. well thats my opinion anyway
Illyatra

Postby Ghandi » Mon May 03, 2004 3:55 pm

Reaching 20% or 40% of a magic realm is far more easier than reaching 40% or 60% skill of a certain weapon type. Besides, there are no weapons that require 20% skill. I don't think you can compare those with eachother
Ghandi

Postby Kampfer » Tue May 04, 2004 11:55 pm

Erynn.. for the reasonnable price on a spell.. I learned last year how could cost a invisibility spell :wink: and I try to put some nice price on spell IF I have to sell them.. exemple.. selling levitate for 45k+

Illyatra.. maybe its true weapon 40%+ are sold... but you know a double headed axe (60%) is 13k gold pieces.. and its still breaking after a while.. which spells don't do. And I don't think you know where to find Fireball.. but its so tricky to get.. so paying couple of thousand gold for it is not enough.

Ghandi... You S*CK :lol: (joking) thats why you don't have it yet :wink:

This spells selling should be in market yes.. but they should ask exorbitant price which will need alot of kills... quests... reselling drops.. personnaly I paid 100k for invisibility... last year... it was hard to get so much money for a lvl 14 DK... so I think now with the enhanced traffic you can kill more and get alot more money easy. DMs added traffic.. means more drops.. means they forgot to raise prices too :wink:
Kampfer

Postby Scorpion » Wed May 05, 2004 12:42 pm

You probably have all of those spells, but can you tell me Illyatra, just with yes/no, do you know where to find fireball? or waterbolt? or dustgust?

If no, then it says that the quest for searching lvl 2 spells is gone. Then you prob are only searching for lvl 3 spells and higher.

If yes, then i think you are a good searcher, but i doubt that the others know.

Ps. Don't lie
Scorpion

Postby jagg » Wed May 05, 2004 12:52 pm

Might be good to allow people to buy just ONE second level spell (they could each choose which realm individually) but not all of them. It would allow them access to more power, but still mean they have to find the other three quests for the remaining spells.
jagg

Postby Scorpion » Wed May 05, 2004 1:16 pm

I like that idea Jagg. 1 you can buy, the rest you have to find for yourself.
Scorpion

Postby Melodor » Wed May 05, 2004 7:05 pm

Done.
Melodor

Postby Valiant » Wed May 05, 2004 8:49 pm

Melodor wrote:Done.

Ahh, what better reply could we ever wish for ? :D
Valiant

Postby Illyatra » Wed May 05, 2004 10:29 pm

you are right, i dont know where any second lvl spells are. and untill this post was put up i had no intention of even looking. But now I understand what you all are talking about and i intend to find all of the second level spells that i already have :)
Illyatra

Postby Ghandi » Wed May 05, 2004 11:05 pm

I too think this would benefit new players to starts searching again now that most get things for free. Not only spells but also other hidden stuff.
Ghandi

Return to Suggestions