Suicide or what??

In-character discussions and general chat.

Suicide or what??

Postby Ghandi » Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:24 am

At 2am exactly, 1 am GMT, i ost my internet connection somehow and that was middle in a fight with an angry hippogriff. Before that, all looked just fine. But...without internet connection, you cant fight and if you cant fight, you will die and i did. Wow, again??? Yes again. You do that a lot. I know..some sort of habit or curse of Ghandi. What now? That is what this is about. What now. im this close of suiciding this char that lost over 1 million xp in a very short time and also deleveled to 17 and lost an extremely high amount of % (5% blunt and astral for example).

What is your opinion about this and dont give me the usual pull up your shoulders and fight again crap.

An at the moment very pissed ghandi

ps Sorry for this, but i had to write it
Ghandi

Postby Kampfer » Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:10 am

My proposition as a comrade.. which don't want to see his long time MUD friend/foe suiciding one of the most impressive Paladin.. which archived so many great things.. like finding stuff people don't find usually.. build a Keep as a result of good RP.. made the paladin's some kind of LOS guardian since 4 years.. I must say.. else than me.. no one else tried hard to build a Dark-Knight to change the situation.

The proper solution/alternative could be ask for retirement.. make Ghandi as a Perm.. I think his statue could allow it.. You have a keep.. you have a title.. you have skills.. you have reputations.. you have a clan.. you have everything player could ask for.... or almost everything.

Don't ruin Ghandi by suiciding him.. nor starting him again.. nothing good can come from that.. and I know what i'm talking about :wink:

Maybe its time to stop playing Ghandi.. before losing everything you got since 4 years... (51days of online game).

Your friend J-Pierre
alias Elnor :wink:
Kampfer

Postby Ghandi » Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:19 am

The most annoying part of it all is that all last 3 deaths were not because i found myself overpowered in a battle.

1st Aiding Anubis...got burnt unnoticed (text stayed yellow because Anubis got hit)

2nd Disease does more damage than before update, got some coffee and when i came back, i could just see myself dying

3rd All programs stopped using the internet (including IE) while fighting an angry hippogriff

Anyway, the rampaging hobbit turned from heavenly blue to blazing blue to shimmering blue last night :roll: :oops:

I got 4 nesting flaxes though!
Ghandi

Postby jagg » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:50 am

I think you would regret giving Ghandi up. Sure it can be fun to play other characters - and maybe a bit of a break might be in order at this time - but I would assume that you also play for the achievements you can make. The discovery of cool new stuff. Ghandi is the best placed of your characters to do that, as the (still!) most powerful. Playing different characters at lower levels, you will be doing stuff you know already, it's more just a matter of logistics for getting spells or defeating x, y and z etc.

Hey! And aren't we racing to certain spells? Be warned, I'm hot on the trail of avalanche... Going to let a stupid half-giant beat you? :wink:
jagg

Postby erynn » Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:10 am

Ah... chin up little Ghandi. One of the greatest strengths of your character has been the fact that you've never given up. Not when it took you weeks and weeks of talking to perms to track down secrets nor when you kept getting yourself in above your head, whether it was being mobbed by stumbling skeletons at level 3 or endlessly overwhelmed by gnolls some levels later, you've had a good rampage and then picked yourself up, dusted yourself off and carried on as determined as ever.
If all else fails I recommend a good few weeks heavy drinking in the company of dwarves and then go visit with your family who've never yet lifted a sword and think you're a legend -- get your sense of proportion back :)

OOC: turn it round to your advantage and use the event as the trigger for some RP. As for level 17 *shrug* level 17 is nice, I like it so much I haven't wanted to leave it behind :) Let me know what sort of time you're normally online and I'll come and RP with you if it helps.
Forget the numbers, it's only time... I only got so much exp cos I was chasing round after potions endlessly: I couldn't even tell you what the numbers are now, but I know I've got a good potion collection *grin*.
If you're really fed up then build up one of your other characters -- thieves are a lot of fun.
erynn

Postby Ghandi » Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:18 am

Thanks, im over the rampage (which really affected my aura) and now im just trying to cheer myself up. I've been lvl 18 for so long, i felt quite disappointed i went more back than forward. Beating up Kampfer will be a lot more trouble. There are not many potions i can obtain, besides the granites which i was after a lot lately and stormcloud drops. But we all know what happened then. Think i will try to find pro-earth first. Maybe i will be able to cast that, so i can finally solo Choorga, cuz obtaining pro-earth potions is extremely hard.

About my other chars, I find it quite difficult to play the thief well. I've playing a lot more with my assassin, which i created for fun, but turned out quite strong actually.

The times i play differ from day to day. There are not many fixed times im playing. Usually i play some los, getting bored since no one is there, then i play UT2K4, until i get bored again and play los again.

@Kampfer: we should try a fight to see whether im still a match for you or not. And....now it's my turn to crush you crypt.

ps I had cast an engulf for only 36 damage!!!!
Ghandi

Postby Scorpion » Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:08 am

Ghandi wrote:Think i will try to find pro-earth first. Maybe i will be able to cast that

ooc:
Like 1 out of 6 will work. same as pro-fire. Will be very hard i guess
Scorpion

Postby Kampfer » Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:59 pm

Bring it on.. I always like to kill the strongest paladin around :twisted:
Kampfer

Return to General Chat