A shiver down my spine

In-character discussions and general chat.

A shiver down my spine

Postby Qoith » Wed May 25, 2005 11:09 pm

From various sources, I have been hearing whispers that the mighty Kampfer will soon be seen in the Lands again, mercilessly destroying everything and everyone who dares to stand in his way. Before his disappearance, this fearless dark-knight actually noticed me when I was a mere sellsword and offered me some useful advice ... advice about harnessing the anger burning inside me and channelling it to give me even more strength. As I have continued to train in his absence, I have often recalled his advice and used it to help me overcome my foes. Although I have not embraced evil like the dark-knights, I recognize and admire the power behind their words and their swords. They, at least, don't despise my own feelings of hatred like the sickly-good paladins do ...

However the latest whispers about the dark-knight have sent a shiver down my spine. In his absence from the Lands, it would appear he has been in the company of an ... ELF. I refuse to believe that Kampfer has been deceived by elven ways and am fevourishly hoping that he has his own good reasons for being with a member of that pathetic race. Knowing elven nature, the bard will have been relentlessly gaining knowledge ans skills while following in Kampfer's shadow ... knowledge the elf will use for his own advancement and glory when the time is right. I anticipate Kampfer being one step ahead of the elf and ready to draw his sword at the first sign of betrayal.

I foresee an elven death, if not by Kampfer's hand, then by my own. I cannot allow this elf to pass on such information to other elves in the Lands. They are a pitiful race of people, always using others to gain knowledge and skills, and then carelessly casting those who care for them aside when they are no longer of "use" to them ...
Qoith

Return to General Chat