Tourney Time

Out of Character chats, discussions and rambles.

Should the tourney be held earlier or later?

3 or more hours earlier
25%
1-2 hours earlier
No votes
just at 8 pm game time
25%
1-2 hours later
No votes
3 or more hours later
25%
I don't mind, i'll be there
25%

Total votes : 4

Tourney Time

Postby Scorpion » Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:06 pm

When should the tourney be held

Ps. I edited the post, poll was messed up. So a new one
Scorpion

Postby Kaedan » Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:31 pm

Well.. I don't know where to begin.

Who says that a DM is available to host the tourney at an earlier or later time? Who says that they want to? Who says they want to host them at all?

I understand and appreciate that people are not always available to compete in the tourneys at the time that I chose for them but when I chose 8pm I did so because it was a good time for players on both sides of the pond.

I created (and hold) the tourneys as a bit of fun, a little something extra for people to enjoy. It's unfortunate that some people are putting too much emphasis on them and I'm getting increasingly irritated by the expectation that the tourneys will always be there. At times it's tempting to nerf the tourney prizes and to replace the ones already given out with something less 'special', and at other times I've even considered cancelling the tourneys completely.

I'll continue trying to create fun things for you all to do, but please try to remember that these fun little gifts should not be 'expected' nor taken for granted.

--Kaedan
Kaedan

Postby Scorpion » Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:55 pm

Offcourse i understand that a DM needs to be online for it.

But if i look at today. 4 or 5 hours for the tourney about 7/8 people were online. So this thing came up, to held the tourney earlier. Result could be a suggestion to you guys, if you are available.

And about the price. I see that the prizes are becoming less special. My shield is more special then the hat i got. But the fact that's it's a special, unbreakable item, makes it valueble. It saves getting a new shield, helm or something else. I'm not suggesting the time should be breakable.
Scorpion

Postby Keezheekoni » Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:09 am

We are very grateful for the effort that you put into holding these tourneys. Perhaps a suggestion to make the prize less substancial would be to have it break, so it doesn't last forever like rp driven items are. If you are looking for other things to entertaing us, it has been quite a while since a treasure hunt has been initiated, though from the sounds of things we hardly deserve it. Thanks again. -Keez
Keezheekoni

Postby crow » Sun Jul 11, 2004 2:10 pm

generally I do other things at the weekend so I'm likely to miss most tourneys but one day maybe......

Other things like treasure hunts are a good idea, stuff that lasts several days at least allows most people to join in if they want.

Perhaps the DMs can make a special creature that can run around the game and you have to 'catch' it somehow, a giant game of tag? Games inside a game are always fun, I like using the spin thing when I'm searching and can't decide which way to go.
crow

Return to OOC Chat