Mages new stile

Out of Character chats, discussions and rambles.

Postby Valiant » Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:08 pm

Ghandi wrote:And Valiant, adding pro-physical spells that require even more mp to cast??? I'm very lucky to succeed pro-fire within 3 attempts. I will never be able to cast that :(

You're not supposed to ;)
Valiant

Postby Kampfer » Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:36 pm

yeah Like the "Mage-armor" in D&D .. its lowering the AC by 4.. so a mage with ac 10 could have a ac 6 with that spell.. plus protections from item and blessing.. any else.. armour or robes aren't count in the AC while mage-armor is on.. if the robe give a better ac the spell is useless.. well it could help some mage.. and maybe other class which don't wear any armour.. like thieves or assassins.. or druid and stuff.. so making it accessible and maybe litte costy than protection's spell.

that could balance the AC part for people with no armour
Kampfer

Postby Qoith » Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:27 pm

A lot of this thread has been centred on bind and the lowering of mage power. Now my mage is only level 8 (and I havent found bind yet) but the change I have noticed is that sometimes my spells actually fail (crush and show). They didn't before the upgrade - my committed aura is the same as my actual aura - so that isnt the reason - has anyone else noticed more spell failures for mages??
Qoith

Postby Melodor » Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:12 pm

Luck is about more than align - class, race, environmental and time of day are factors: read "help luck". By experimentation as well as reading about your race and class, you should be able to work out what kind of conditions your character is happiest with.
These changes begin to make races, classes and environments have a genuine impact. Thieves are happier in the streets and rangers in the wilderness, for example.
To offset bad luck when your character is in a situation he's not so comfortable with, you could do with a lucky charm type item. See what you can find and experiment.
Melodor

Previous

Return to OOC Chat