Spoils of battle

Out of Character chats, discussions and rambles.

Spoils of battle

Postby Qoith » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:19 pm

When I am killing things, I don't usually look at them once I am famililar with them. I just wander up to them and kill them. So it is very easy to accidently kill a monster that someone has already started to kill but had to flee from.

Sometimes it is very obvious coz the battle is too easy. Someone will usually say "Hey! did you just kill so-and-so" and when asked "politely", the spoils of battle can be shared.

However, what does one do if you have a full battle, collect the spoils and then someone says "Hey, I was killing so-and-so - I want whatever they dropped". Sure it can lead to interesting role-play but in the end, what does one do - hand over the loot :( or tell the other person to find a cliff and jump off it :twisted:
Qoith

Postby Ghandi » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:38 am

There was already some sort of topic about this subject :wink: But to answer your question: it really depends on which char you killed the creature and which char was fighting it as well. Due to rp some classes cannot negotiate with eachother (however, you can make deals through ooc ), but my opinion on full battle fights: you killed it, you earned it. They did not make enough damage to kill the creature or even harm it, but you did. You did more work, so it's your loot.
Ghandi

Postby jagg » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:08 am

I have tried to get into the good habit of looking at things which are a popular target, to avoid pinching other peoples' half-complete fights. It may be the case that someone has given up and doesn't plan to return, but you can always check that ooc. And as Ghandi says, if the target is in good health when you look at it (or you don't look and have a 'full' fight), the person who attacked it isn't likely to be able to finish it, it's yours in my opinion.

If you do kill something and someone is complaining that it was their prey, hopefully you can sort something out in character, or at the very least out of character (as Melodor suggested in another topic I think). S'only a game after all, eh?
jagg

Postby Qoith » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:52 am

LOL - never thought to talk to other player OOC. We were both caught up in the RP.
Qoith

Return to OOC Chat