New Characters

Out of Character chats, discussions and rambles.

New Characters

Postby kestrel » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:43 pm

I think players need to be careful about things given to new characters. I just started another character this weekend and within 5 minutes, someone gave me a Zuthra's Spear. I will admit that it's a nice weapon, but it is not right for a first level character to end up with a weapon like that.

Morning star, broad sword, etc are ok. They are better than what a beginner could get, but they are not great weapons. I have also seen first level characters with items like tiger eye gem, etc which are a bit much. Not immediately useful items, but still beyond what they would hope to get for a long time.

Lets try to be reasonable on how much help is given to new characters.
kestrel

Postby Ghandi » Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:53 am

I dont usually give stuff to new chars at all, especially newbies. For them it's still fun to find out where to get stuff (shops and drops), sso why spoil it for them. I don't usually give stuff to new chars of older players too, unless they want me to pass some stuff through, but then it's their responsibility. For my own new chars, i usually give them some gold (1000/2000 gp) and a lesser weapon (palm blade or a spider leg) to get them started right away. But giving very good stuff to new chars...nah, im not in favour for that at all.
Ghandi

Return to OOC Chat