Social rules...

Out of Character chats, discussions and rambles.

As Social Rule, player vs player fight.

Potions for both (clanned/non-clanned)
67%
Only Clanned
17%
Or no potions at all
17%

Total votes : 12

Social rules...

Postby Kampfer » Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:59 pm

After a misunderstanding with some players (not only me but many of friends) LOS have some kind of "Social Rules" which one is using potion in a player vs player fight is prohibit.

After talking to a clanned player, potion should be allowed in a player vs player fight... but only if both are in a clan, because the EXP lost can be a real pain for high player.

Now here's a poll to know if you think its a good idea or anything... or let a Reply to give your opinions.
Kampfer

Postby erynn » Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:15 am

Surely DKs are exempt from "social rules" and any expectations of honourablility? Though it might be polite to OOC remind your adversary of this before you start.
erynn

Postby Kampfer » Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:20 pm

HAHAHAAHHAHA sorry to deceive you Erynn but i was always fair in my battles.. i tell you why.. previous elnor (lvl 15) can kill a paladin lvl 18 easy... Kampfer should be more powerful... so i don't take potions nor healing myself or cheap things like that.. cuzi like to show off 8)
A DK is too proud of being powerful to use tricks.. thats my point of view.

and who the hell want to take potions to stay alive in a non-clanned fight.. the winner gonna be outlaw *clap* *clap* :lol:
Kampfer

Postby Scorpion » Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:26 pm

this isn't about DK only. it's about players in generall

And i wander who and why someone why chooses for both
Scorpion

Postby jagg » Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:20 pm

I voted for both because even a non-clanned player vs player fight has real cost for the loser. Those hard-earned skills? They represent an investment (and often not a small one!) of time and effort, I think I should be allowed to fight tooth and nail to preserve my skin. I shudder to recall how long I had to fight with inferior weapons to get ALL of my weapon skills up.

Listen, if we have an "official" ruling one way or the other, I'll stick to it of course, but if it's just a gentleman/dwarf/elf/etc.'s agreement, I think it sucks. Play a paladin if you want to abide by illogical rules :lol:
jagg

Postby Scorpion » Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:58 pm

First of all, this is the ooc section.. i'm not talking about my paladin.. but every character i have. So please... stop talking here about my paladin.

Second, you don't loose much of your 'precious' %. after 3 deaths i lost only 1 % fire... it isn't that much for non-clanned. Are you scared of dieing by a non clanned player? although some people are, there isn't much to be afraid of. so why use potions then?
Scorpion

Postby jagg » Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:16 am

I take your point about it being the OOC section, I know, otherwise I wud be talkin like dis :lol: But in-game, paladins DO have silly rules like not fleeing - I was speaking in general, not specifically about Scorpion. Not using potions in combat is to me another rule like the aforementioned 'no fleeing' that wouldn't make sense for my character to follow. I really like Kampfer's rationale for his refusal to use potions despite being a dishonourable character. If you want to behave this way because it's RP for your character, great! But can you suggest a good reason for me (as Jagg) not to though? Not for honour, not for arrogance...why?

Regarding the amount of % that you lose, I don't think Jagg has been pkilled. This is not challenge! :lol: Having said that, any loss of % is undesirable. I've worked hard, as I mentioned, to achieve a satisfactory level of weapon skill in all classes. That's my masochistic contribution to Roleplaying, in the same way as people can choose to not flee, not use potions or not take drops for non-solo kills. As the most powerful fighter in the land (Are you listening Gambit - What's going on? This isn't natural! :shock: ) I think it's appropriate. If I lost some missile, or pole, I would feel obliged to restore it, going back to fighting with weapons that ordinarily wouldn't be my first choice. But don't expect me to enjoy doing it, it's tedious! I'd rather win the fight by whatever means I can.

There is a second reason I would rather not drop %, and that is the reason of pride. The skill you get for quests (actually, not sure if this contributes?) and first kills cannot be replaced. The skills may be useless - say magic for a barbarian, or weapon skills for a mage - but it's a measure of "I've been around, found lots of cool stuff and not died in the process". Maybe this is only a personal reason, and everyone else doesn't give two hoots about it! :wink:

Longish post, but my opinion in summary: Don't use potions if it "fits" for your character. Everyone else, guzzle away. Try and pkill me and I will give you as much hell as I can manage (I just hope it's enough! :twisted: )
jagg

Postby Ghandi » Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:01 pm

It's not that we paladins really have a choice that we can flee or not. We can, but if we do, we are hurt in our pride and we will lose quite some % (could even be 4% each time a paladin flees). Mostly it only occurs on the lower skills you've been training. In Ghandi's case that is fire and pole. So a paladin needs his potion more in 'real' battles rather than in pkills.
Ghandi

Postby jagg » Tue Feb 10, 2004 2:10 pm

It sounds to me like the characters who are going to be doing a lot of player to player fighting (i.e. the Paladins vs. Dark Knights) are in agreement about not using potions. That's fine for them - let them get on with slaughtering each other under this gentleman's agreement. I don't see that the same would apply to other classes, unless someone can give me a good reason. It's just so contrived, so artificial.

Let me give you an example where it starts to become nonsense: Paladin vs Barbarian. The barbarian can't heal himself during the combat without using potions (are we including items with stored healing spells in this discussion?). The paladin can heal himself massively, far outweighing the greater hp of the barbarian. This rule would tip the balance against the classes that aren't good at healing themselves without recourse to potions. Are people suggesting they should just accept the death, take the skills loss (since it's not that much anyway), and stop complaining?
jagg

Postby Kampfer » Tue Feb 10, 2004 2:38 pm

You probably right Jagg.. its maybe only a matter between Paladin and Dark-Knight, and maybe clanned people, so few of them. Maybe Valiant could give his opinion on the subject... he's clanned too.

in-game:"Paladins have lived without trouble for so long, i'm here the fix that and make their lives HELL! :twisted: "

and thanks to participate to this poll.. its always good to know the way people think :)
Kampfer

Postby Scorpion » Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:25 pm

Paladin vs Barbarian unfair?
during last cancelled tourney ghandi and anubis were allowed to fight against each other in the arena. it was something like 10-12 for ghandi.. should have been 10-10, but forgot twice to heal (barb brains?). so without potions.. it's fair
Scorpion

Postby Valiant » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:08 pm

Well, since my opinion was specifically asked:

I'm the one who voted no potions at all.

I don't like losing anything over pkills. And since my characters don't have a very long recent death list, they have a lot to lose.

Perhaps it would help to explain how it works:
When training, your skills may increase more than they should relative to the experience you have gained. When you die, the difference is set straight. So simply, if you don't have too much skills, you don't lose any. On the other hand if you do have too much skills, for example Tipsy, who hasn't died from level 13 I think, has had several levels of training, gaining more skills than experience. If he were to be pkilled by some loon, this could result in serious penalty to his skills. It is for this reason I don't like pkilling at all. I think Valiant might lose some as well, but I don't think it's half as much as Tipsy would, perhaps even none noticable.

I'd say eliminate skils loss from pkilling. I wouldn't really mind losing experience over a clankill, or my weapon, the worst part is the skills.
Valiant

Postby Kampfer » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:19 pm

I must agree with this too.. skills are really painful to lose to a clan kill.

I have a question for you guys... you clanned for which reason? getting more RP? cuz at first you didn't have any opposition like DK.. soon you will have.. do you really think it was a good idea for you to clan after all?

I don't want to put myself higher than you but... you already tasted the powers of DKs... (Kane is on of those two which i'm talking about.. Elnor was the other one ;) ) you know a higher DK can eats you for breakfast... so how do you see the future of those clan-kill? if you fear about that just tell me what kind of deal we should agree on.. or just get eaten without a word :twisted:
Kampfer

Postby Scorpion » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:24 pm

You are made for killing paladins fast. You could even cast lvl 4 spells if you had them (again). but i can't do that, i have to choose between a lvl 2 (which still fails), healing or binding/confusing.

So you got a great advantage, but i'll never will take a deal with you, just back to confusing you if you have a lvl 4 spell again. I know you don't like it, but that's the only thing i can do against you and win
Scorpion

Postby Kampfer » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:30 pm

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH

always enjoying to find new ways to kill paladins without spells... high wither is always good 8)
Kampfer

Next

Return to OOC Chat