Social rules...

Out of Character chats, discussions and rambles.

As Social Rule, player vs player fight.

Potions for both (clanned/non-clanned)
67%
Only Clanned
17%
Or no potions at all
17%

Total votes : 12

Postby Melodor » Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:57 pm

Firstly, I'd like to say that the PK situation is one (of many) under discussion by the DMs and that they are considering reviewing it.

Secondly, most clans in LoS lately seem to have been formed for roleplay reasons, not pkilling. The proportion of "Proficient" players in clans demonstrates the tendency. We support this and hope to provide other interest for clans in time.
Melodor

Postby Thorn » Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:30 pm

I went with potions for both.

The way I see it, Thorn got those potions, he can use them wherever he wants.

Thorn doesn't really agree with the whole P-killing thing. He realises that some of the people in the lands thrive on it but for him there is nothing good about it win or lose. If he loses, he loses proffs. If he wins... he made someone else lose proffs. That's against his nature, he wants to see everyone improve regardless of class.

As for the potions, if he's forced to fight, Thorn will put everything in it, potions too if needed. If that person dies and loses proff, clanned or not, because Thorn used potions... the person shouldn't have started the fight in the first place.
Thorn

Postby Ghandi » Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:13 am

To answer your question about why we are clanned: we are clanned because we had the same goals in life, search and find new areas and treasures. But you're right clans don't have any real important role in the game. Already asked the crew if they could enhance the importance of clans a bit more, still waiting for an answer :wink: . For now, we're trying to RP more with being clanned, especially trying to be more than a little group that decided not to live in the exact same line as the White Castle, but in a slightly different way. Through this we're trying to expand Lionhearts Keep as being more important and impressive, like having his own training ground, smithy and a religicious place dedicated to Aester. But that's all future.

Furthermore, im not scared of DKs. Kane and i never fought a battle and i surely am not affraid of him. All other DKs with a reputation of being destructive know what power holds in the body of this tiny hobbit. All have been defeated and some even with a single blow (still remembering those moments, don't you Elnor and Antitheus if you're reading this from the underworld? :twisted: ). I defeated so many of your kind and will keep on doing so until they will stop being evil and will crawl at my feet, begging to me to stop torturing them. 8) Hehe, those with an evil spirit always told me i had an evil part in me and maybe i have. But i think this part will drive me further where a paladin like Valiant will stop. No problems with that. That is one of the reasons i left the White Castle. But we still have the same goal in life, vanquish all evil from Dapetan and if nesseccary, even in other realms as well.

We wont stop!
Ghandi

Postby jagg » Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:23 am

Let me sound out an idea here:

What if there was a preference you could set to allow potions in player fights? And...the agressor must abide by either their own preference, OR that of their target, if it is for not using potions. The target can do whatever is dictated by their setting.

Examples (Bad is staring a fight with Good):

1) Bad and Good have the same pref, both for or both against: No problem! You are on the same wavelength, slaughter away to your hearts' content under your chosen rules.

2) Bad is set to 'no potions'; Good is set to 'use potions': Bad would not be able to use, and Good can use happily. Protects the non-agressor, say in the case where someone isn't into starting fights, but wants the option to defend themself as much as possible if someone does.

3) Bad is set to 'use potions'; Good is set to 'no potions': BOTH must abide by Good's preference of 'no potions'. Stops people taking advantage of those (like Paladins and DKs, where it fits their characters) who disagree with the whole potions in fights thing.

I would make three more suggestions: Firstly, I would make other peoples' preferences something that can be seen by other characters, to avoid getting nasty surprises. Secondly, I would have a cooling off period when people change their preference (something that would not be done lightly in any case), to prevent people having their cake and eating it by changing to a convenient setting just before jumping someone. Lastly, these settings would be over-ridden in favour of no potions, when both are clanned.

Not saying this is the be-all and end-all, but what might people think of something like that?
jagg

Postby Valiant » Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:03 pm

I think that wouldn't work, unfortunately, as it sound like a good idea.

For how long should the agressor not be able to use potions ?
When has the fight ended ?

Player vs player fights don't always end in death of one.
Valiant

Postby jagg » Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:35 pm

Valiant wrote:For how long should the agressor not be able to use potions ?
When has the fight ended ?

Player vs player fights don't always end in death of one.

That's a good point. How about a minute after the last offensive action? That might prevent fleeing, drinking potions and returning to the fight, while not imposing an unbearable restriction on adventuring activities if the fight has 'ended' without someone dying (someone has run off, the coward!).
jagg

Postby Kampfer » Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:38 pm

well.. it seems everybody have is own reason and own choice for that topic..

finally maybe make deals in OOC before any kind of action.. exemple.. if you just lvl (for clanned player) and if you die you delevel.. maybe warn the "usual" opponent.. if scorpion lvl.. he should tell me to wait until ??k exp to be sure.

I think anything can be dealable :)
Kampfer

Postby crow » Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:48 pm

Have to admit that I'm of the school that if you have it, use it.

If I go into combat I'm not going to restrict which weapon I'm using depending on whom I am fighting and if I have the presence of mind to use a potion (I don't mean spamming drink scarlet a dozen times) then I deserve the benefits.

I'm with Thorn and Jagg on this, drinks and duelling do mix. Maybe if you are using a two handed weapon or have a shield equipped then you can't use a potion but a free hand could easily grab a potion bottle.
crow

Postby Ghandi » Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:55 am

If you say that if you use a two handed sword or a shield, i disagree about the shield, since this piece of armour is not in your hand, but on your wrist and lower arm. Most of us are holding an item in the other hand, so only a few have a free hand. But then you should be consistent with rangers with dual weapons as well. And not with only pkills, but during the whole time. This would mean that if you use both hands for weapons or an item, you could never use a potion at all. This would be ridiculous. Some things which seems impossible in real life can be done during the game and this an essential part of the game. I mean, if you are fighting and you break your weapon, you will take another from a sack or another storing item. In the meanwhile you are casting a spell and drink a potion, because you're hit seriously and maybe even hit the target bare handed or kick it. Don't think anyone of us can do that at the same time in real life (especially the magical part :P ). I also think im allowed, if i would be using potions, to drink scarlets as many as i want. Don't know though how many scarlets is needed to compare 1 golden potion.

But i prefer to avoid it getting it this far. I just make a critical hit and the battle is over :D
Ghandi

Postby Kampfer » Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:59 pm

Thats what we will see! :twisted:

### Kampfer shows his new Dragon Scale Armour.

Now let see if you still can crits me :wink:
Kampfer

Postby Ghandi » Sat Feb 14, 2004 2:17 pm

With ease little one :lol:
Ghandi

Postby brent » Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:24 am

Kampfer wrote: Kampfer should be more powerful... so i don't take potions nor healing myself or cheap things like that.. cuzi like to show off 8)
A DK is too proud of being powerful to use tricks.. thats my point of view.
and who the hell want to take potions to stay alive in a non-clanned fight.. the winner gonna be outlaw *clap* *clap* :lol:

and then everyone kills the outlaw, the losers revenge at work
brent

Postby Kampfer » Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:38 pm

but the others killing the outlaw doesn't get anything else.. just a slaughter of someone for nothing.. totally useless I say

Btw its was a damn old topic :)
Kampfer

Previous

Return to OOC Chat