Where is LoS based on?

Out of Character chats, discussions and rambles.

Where is LoS based on?

Postby Scorpion » Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:22 am

I was wandering where LoS is based on. Is it based on J.R.R. Tolkien, on D&D or on something else?
Offcourse it isn't fully based on 1 thing i guess, just how you, DM, see it. But I would like to know it, cause i saw LotR RotK and that ugly, *cough* beautiful, orc leader sitting on a warg. Wargs are cool, but can I, if i want to, RP them in LoS.
Scorpion

Postby Ruan » Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:44 pm

The Lands of Stone was originally a vision of Shihan's, largely based on D&D but the new DMs and general popularity of LoTR through the films has meant that as well as questioning some of Shihan's inventions, we have been keen on making the realm more comparable with LoTR.

Warg riding is not something we could currently support you RPing. The whole issue of orcs is a bit fuzzy -- the orcs are clearly *not* Tolkein orcs -- but more like D&D orcs. In fact they are supposed to be natives of the harsh environment of the magical plains to the south. One suggestion under discussion is to rename Shihan's orcs to avoid confusion.

As a general rule of thumb, it's probably best not to RP around creatures that are not defined within LoS. We too like the idea of wargs and warg riders -- but LoS is not ready for them yet.
Ruan

Postby Scorpion » Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:04 pm

Ruan wrote:Warg riding is not something we could currently support you RPing

But it's still cool 8)

Thx anyway
Scorpion

Postby Qoith » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:27 am

Recently took a trip up the battle spire and read about "goblin army and their warg rider scouts" on the tapestries ...
Qoith

Return to OOC Chat