Ranger Dexterity

Out of Character chats, discussions and rambles.

Ranger Dexterity

Postby Eeli » Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:32 pm

Ive noticed on the boards that dex is emphasized as an important stat. I understand that a ranger is supposed to miss a lot due to having a horrible thaco, but is there anyone out there that has tried a ranger with low dex and high dex, and noticed a big difference? Basically just wondering how important dex really is for a ranger. Thanks in advance. :D
Eeli

Postby Ruan » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:19 pm

O.K. although we would prefer statisticians to take their custom elsewhere, here is a small hint. "Dexterity n. 1. skill in using ones hands.." -- Collins English Dictionary. Does this affect your ability to hit things perchance? :)
P.S. Ranger thac0 is not horrible! Mage thac0 is *horrible*.
Ruan

Postby Scorpion » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:20 pm

First I prob must say that you have to find it out for yourself. :P

Then, i just say that i had ( :( ) a ranger lvl 10 with high dex, str and int (low con and low pty... it really took a lot... and i mean a lot of time for ticking). What can i say. Lower ac. i had -4 at lvl 10 i think. difficult to get hit, BUT i would say high dex is good, since when you reach a 'certain amount' of it, you can wiel 2 weapons of the same weight. -------> 2x zuthra spear is really nice btw. you can hit for 30-40 (together) with them.

On the other hand. If you have less dex, you can put it in intelligence and become more a caster. What do you what? caster? hitter? both? It's all up to you.
Scorpion

Return to OOC Chat