Fine line between rp and being evil

Out of Character chats, discussions and rambles.

Postby Ghandi » Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:00 pm

They can only tell if yuo're lucky or not, not what your perfect aura should be.
Ghandi

Postby erynn » Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:29 am

*grrrrrrr* OK I need to let off steam, let this post be regarded as definitely not in cold blood. Though I'll restrain myself from naming the player I'm mad at publically.

I don't often play but the characters I do play have strongly defined personalities. (If anyone thinks that this is sad then what are you doing on a roleplaying game..) Lately, due to a very demanding job I just play my assassin Kael to relieve stress. Now he doesn't broadcast or even talk a lot lately so I forgive anyone for not knowing his personality in depth, but his is the highest level assassin and I very very rarely speak OOC with him. Enough said, right? He's not a teddy bear or a robot.

I logged on tonight because I was fed up, couldn't sleep, just wanted to de-stress a bit. And some other player arrived at the room where I was holding forth against multiple aggressors, and started mucking about: shouting stuff, wouldn't go away when asked, but hid - and then when Kael had to go and sell things they stole the items that he was unable to carry. I respect people's RP. If someone is more powerful than the character I am playing then my character will show them respect or fear or awe, whichever seems appropriate. They tend to run off when Kampfer enters a room, for example.

This lesser assassin playing around with Kael, stealing his loot and refusing to go away when I asked really made it very difficult for me to know how to maintain my RP - the only explanation for the other character's behaviour was that he was on drugs or insane - and the only reaction Kael would have had would be to neatly tidy him away. But I could do nothing, other than put up with this person. He did offer me the stuff back and offer to duel me but where is the satisfaction in that - I don't care about the items, I let him keep them, I only care about the RP.

Maintaining a "dangerous" character does depend on other people not sabotaging it. When they do stuff like drop stealing and following you about not reacting to your status - as I'm sure Kampfer knows - it's really hard to keep going.
I think I've ranted enough. I'm still angry because playing Kael is the only break I get from thinking about work at the moment and some idiot has sabotaged it for me for now. Thanks a bunch.
/end rant
erynn

Postby Kampfer » Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:34 am

wow.. nice.. finally someone who share the same experience than me.. excepted I live that every day with newbies and bad players... Kael is lucky.. not around often so he don't have to deal with everyone who are against the RP by thinking its only a game.

Erynn As I emailed you earlier I saw Kael wasn't OOCable so I put down the idea of doing things which could sabotage the RP.. cause I hate that.

I have to deal with people who think standing in front of a lvl 18 DK.. proficient.. chosen of Kron.. and technically the strongest around the land... they still pouts at me.. laugh .. spit.. smile.. or simply talk to me.. still wonder how a Cleric lvl 1 or 2 can imagine the possibility to talk to the most deadly person around.. the one who will rip you apart for only breathing beside him.. but they do.. people forget alot of things.. there are players who WANT to RP... if I didn't want to RP I would play Diablo 2 and click on my mouse like a mad man... but I choosed the text way.. that force you to RP or the game will be boring like hell.

I hate to have a RP discussion with all the newbie who things they can beat Kampfer.. ITS IMPOSSIBLE FOR A LVL 16 AND LESS TO BEAT HIM!!!!!!! understand that.. and I don't have the big head.. its just I got alot of powerful spells.. with 0% failure casting.. protections vs realms.. best weapon around.. best armour around... and many years in PvP fight experience... so... stick to RP.. if you can't do any good RP then do nothing .. play like a souless character.. killing stuff around, getting exp and gaining lvls... look Moon, he never was a great RP.. but he managed enough to reach lvl 17 without problem and getting nobody against him nor getting enemies by bad RP. simple isn't it?! and I should add.. Dark Knight is MY class.. I saw the evolution.. they almost didn't change it due to the perfection of the class.. I'm the only one to really play a DK.. Kane don't play anymore.. sadly.

Sorry to posted that but Erynn just touched the right spot which triggered me and all those souvenirs (not so long ago (weeks)) came back like an eternal nightmare.
Kampfer

Postby Ghandi » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:02 am

Crap, though Erynn doesn't name any names, it was me who to blame. When i saw Kael yesterday, i wa relieved by seeing finally seeing the great kael and respected kael. My intentions for my action were absolutely not to hurt or destroy one's RP. I forgot Erynn wan't around and therefore not knew Finch was one of my chars. My intentions were simply for just patting on her head and saying hi (ooc). But Kael went the RP way, which i can fully understand and i tried to explain why Finch would make such actions. Not due to the lack of respect, but due to his future plans of bringing down the competition of Hellsing by bringing down Volman. There are more vicious assassins walking there and with fear you wont be able to defeat them.

Sorry Erynn, hope i made my point a bit more clear.

As Kampfer knows, i would never try to destroy one's RP intentionally as i know how it feels when someone does. Ghandi for example knows Kampfer is stronger than him and though they hate eachother more than anything, Ghandi doesn't keep pointing Kampfer outside for a duel as he knows he would lose 4 of 5 times (can be lucky once). But when he feels good, he will try, but with respect towards his mortal enemy.
Ghandi

Postby erynn » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:24 am

Ghandi wrote:My intentions for my action were absolutely not to hurt or destroy one's RP... My intentions were simply for just patting on her head and saying hi (ooc).

Because patting a high level assassin on the head in no way detracts from roleplay...? Right... If you were all of good intentions why didn't you leave when I repeatedly asked you to go away? Let's just say you must have been drunk and I'll forgive you.
erynn

Previous

Return to OOC Chat