Sothis is dangerous...

Out of Character chats, discussions and rambles.

Sothis is dangerous...

Postby Timothy » Mon May 09, 2005 4:42 am

Player Cls Gen [Lv]Title Age Race
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sothis Ass M [17]Executioner 32 Half-orc

Sothis backstabs the dropout.
His backstab failed.
Timothy

Postby Ghandi » Mon May 09, 2005 5:50 pm

And tell me your brilliant motive behind your post!!
Ghandi

Postby Kaedan » Mon May 09, 2005 10:34 pm

Maybe, just maybe, he was amused that a level 17 assassin was attacking a level 2 creature in the first place... the fact the assassin missed was just the icing on the cake?

We were certainly amused by it anyway.

The risk of targetting a creature so much weaker is the potential humiliation... if he'd stuck to more suitable targets he wouldn't have provided anybody with the chance to laugh.

We suspect the "motive" was simple amusement, and we can't really blame him.
Kaedan

Postby jagg » Tue May 10, 2005 7:43 am

*wonders what the bounty on Timothy is?*
jagg

Postby Scorpion » Tue May 10, 2005 4:54 pm

*whistle*
Scorpion

Answer

Postby Sothis » Tue May 10, 2005 9:19 pm

To answer why I did it, or attempted, was the fact that he picked up a chalice that I was going for. If assassins had the peek/steal, I wouldn't have to kill it, nor would I want to. Since you messed up all the exp gain for assassins I hate killing stuff that's almost 5 levels under me because its just a waste of my weapon. I even try to work up my missile profs...and I take so much time to kill something and still get sucky exp from the death...I should get extra or something. I dont go around killing everything like I used to so I wish you would change it back or give assassins peek/steal skills so I wouldn't have to, cuz honestly I dont...and yes it did suck failing a bs on a dropout, something I don't see possible especially when Sothis is as skilled as he is, but...oh well. I guess it's the dice effect or whatever. Anyways, that's why/how/when/where. Later.
Sothis

Re: Answer

Postby Ruan » Wed May 11, 2005 4:37 am

Sothis wrote:Since you messed up all the exp gain for assassins I hate killing stuff that's almost 5 levels under me because its just a waste of my weapon.

An amusing comment which doesn't match with your behaviour when I've watched you play. You still blatently target ushers! We cut the experience because an assassin can kill low targets with less effort than any other class and it is unfair on everyone else if certain players exploit this -- levelling without risk and cleaning out areas to the detriment of other players. Sorry if you're having difficulty getting used to it, and we do want to do something positive about the missile use but I don't see the experience level changing. Low risk = low gain, that's life.
Ruan

Postby Scorpion » Wed May 11, 2005 7:53 pm

Low risk = low gain, that's life

I aggree on that. But what i thought off was that when you attack low lvl creatures a lot, you would feel too reckless (over powered). This could lead too lack of concentration, which will lead into more misses and lower luck. I think by doing that people will stop killing easy targets all the time.
Scorpion

Postby Ghandi » Thu May 12, 2005 12:01 am

But how do you want to exclude the goblins? Lvl 18 pallys like to kill those, though a single goblin is a low lvl. Their numbers make them harder to kill.
Ghandi

Postby Kampfer » Thu May 12, 2005 11:55 am

Low risk = low gain
so maybe Kampfer should stop killing Scorpion and Ghandi because they will only make me lose my concentration because they are easy as a low level?!

(joking :twisted: )
Kampfer

Postby Kampfer » Thu May 12, 2005 11:57 am

oh.. by the way.. I hope I haven't lost my fighting skills with all those non-playing months.. and still be able to be dangerous :?
Kampfer

Postby Scorpion » Thu May 12, 2005 4:12 pm

@ghandi:
Offcourse this could be done for characters/classes which are killing or shouldn't kill low lvl creatures.

@kampfer:
Hmmm... Does this mean we get much xp from kampfer.. .cause high risk = high gain? :P
Scorpion

Postby Sothis » Thu May 12, 2005 6:11 pm

Yeah I have killed ushers, training my other weapon proficiencys...because I only hit for weak damage with throwing stars, I cant go around killing even Floor Manager with them. How else would I be able to train my other weapon classes when I dont have the or something similar to the backstab techniqe (which I know ur working on) but if you can suggest something else I'll go for it. If you also noticed, I ask if anyone is killing the ushers or anything before I go and kill them with a missile weapon. So I hope that answers your question why...its not like its a single hit kill when I'm doing it with other weapons besides sharp/thrust.
Open to suggestions :) Sorry if I've done anything wrong, please flash me and tell me if u see me doing anything thats wrecking other peoples fun.
Sothis

Postby Kampfer » Fri May 13, 2005 4:34 pm

hahahahhaha
Kampfer

Return to OOC Chat