Trip in London

Out of Character chats, discussions and rambles.

Trip in London

Postby Kampfer » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:30 pm

Hi there!

Ok since I'm in UK I haven't did anything, haven't visited anything either, my life is boring more than usual. I have holidays schedual next week.. from 28sep to 7oct.. and I want to do something, one of my thoughts was to visit London.. the bridge and the Big Ben (classic :)), I wish I could grab them on camera in the fog (like in movies lol) but I'm not sure the temparature will allow that.. whatever.. I still want to go there.. and I was thinking if some of you had some free time so we could meet somewhere there, talking (general stuff.. los.. etc.. hahahah), taking a beer (or a tea) well.. normal gathering with me :D

I know that doesn't let alot of time and I hope some of you will be able to pass by :)

JP
Kampfer

Postby Valiant » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:13 pm

The weather these days seems ok for fog, had it over here this morning. I'd say your chances aren't too bad, if you get up early ;)

disclaimer: I'm not a meteorologist, my statements may therefore be utter nonsense. Follow my advice at your own risk.
Valiant

Postby Kampfer » Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:24 pm

Valiant.. I hope too..

ok.. date fixed.. 1st october.. anyone else interested? :)

will have me and Jagg.. so if you feel like drinking.. talking.. fixing the ceiling.. why not coming too? its open to DMs as well :twisted:

the plan is Red Lion (http://www.pubs.com/redl2sw1.htm)

JP[/url]
Kampfer

Postby jagg » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:37 pm

Would some time around lunch time make sense? As discussed, my plans include overnighting in London on Friday anyway, so I hope to have recovered sufficiently to indulge in a fortifying English breakfast by then. A quiet pint or two and a chat might be nice, then JP, you can trail off around the sights :arrow:
jagg

Postby Ghandi » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:32 am

Unfortunately i wont be able to come. In the middle of graduation, so busy busy busy. But dont let it spoil your fun. I know it would much much more fun if i would be there as well :lol:
Ghandi

Adventures in London

Postby Ghandi » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:01 am

Please share your adventures you two made in London.

Where did you go to, what did you drink and how much fun you two had.
Tell us the details.
Ghandi

Postby Kampfer » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:46 pm

was boring
Kampfer

Postby Kampfer » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:50 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAH JOKING

THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beers.. Foster for me.. and Kronenberg for Jagg... I don't think I counted them cause I knew I wouldn't remember by the end of the evening lol

talked about random things... life.. jobs.. hobbies.. LOS.. LOS.. LOS.. what we gonna do after.. LOS again.. :)

for my part I went to the tower of London.. the tour is around 50mins.. it took me 2 hours and half.. I felt really in my environment there.. swords.. armours.. medieval stuff.. paradise :)

I got a nice 1h30 of tape of my trip :)

really good souvenir this trip.. I wish more people had come :)
Kampfer

Postby Ghandi » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:25 pm

Wanted to go there as well...expanding the # of ppl i met that play(ed) los. But you really caught me in busy times, so unfortunately i was unable to go. But England is not that far.

So far i met Scorpion, Valiant, Ariel, former paladin Gregorius, Kampfer. One side-note...all but Kampfer live in the same area as i do.

Would be really great if we could go to LoS HQ with all and have a little drink.

The community may be small, but it's a tight one and that makes the game special.
Ghandi

Re: Adventures in London

Postby jagg » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:08 pm

Ghandi wrote:Please share your adventures you two made in London.

Where did you go to, what did you drink and how much fun you two had.
Tell us the details.

It was a minor adventure getting into the pub. I rolled up just before 12, and it was quite dark inside. I tentatively pushed the door, found resistance and assumed it wasn't open yet. I went for a stroll along Pall Mall to kill some time, then returned and tried the door again - same result :? Fortunately this time the barmaid stuck her head out of the door and advised me to push harder...

I did feel concern that by keeping JP in the pub all afternoon, I was I was distracting him from enjoying the sights of London, but he seemed happy enough having seen the Tower. He had been rather impressed by the dungeon, probably acquired a few ideas :twisted: The answer to what we drank is "Far too much".

At the end of the evening, I managed to make it home eventually, despite falling asleep on the train. A nice lady woke me up as I lay there in a stupor to make sure I got off at the last stop. A return trip to London might indeed be called for at some point, but not at that precise time! I had been quite overcome by the experience at this point, although it could also have been something to do with far too many beers in an afternoon.

It was very nice to have met the Megalomaniac behind the Monster. Definitely an interesting experience!
jagg

Postby Kampfer » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:07 pm

:twisted:
Kampfer

Postby Ghandi » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:13 am

I know what you mean. With the conversations we had in Amsterdam, you could really sense JP lives for Kampfer, even outside the game. All that hidden frustration and anger comes out while fighting paladins :lol:

Shame mister was in a kind of sublevel with his consiousness (or however you write that word) so the beer drinking part was not a big as i hoped...but he played a hell of a frisbee game :wink:
Ghandi

Return to OOC Chat