Contracts

Out of Character chats, discussions and rambles.

Contracts

Postby Xen » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:06 am

The other day i took up a contract with Nivelle my assassin. After taking it up i followed the target around for a bit and she wouldnt stop moving long enough to where i could bs her (i mainly stayed outside of centre to kill not when she was killing perms or anything) i ended up telling her that someone wanted her outside of the centre.....is that what most do to close a contract? should i have done somthing else?....let me know how any of you think it should be done.
Xen

Postby Kampfer » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:07 pm

Well.. MY opinion is your tactic was a silly and lazy one.

Again, MY opinion on how a contract should be done is, you check the available contracts.. and the people online.. and you try to follow that person to see his (her) habits so you know approximatively where and when you can strike the target efficiently.

Doing some recognition on the terrain before striking the prey.. know your enemy and you will be able to predict his move (I've stop counting the number of time I got caught that way in the Red Tent with Elnor :) ) (silly paladins)
Kampfer

Postby Xen » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:57 am

Ya but how do you follow the target around without them seeing you? it would be near impossible,less the target is very very slow and dont know los too well, to sneak around in the shadows following them.Once you start following them around then they would get suspicious, knowing that ima assassin, so they would know somthing is up and probably end up staying away in chapel or whatever untill the contract is timed out :?:
Xen

Postby Kampfer » Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:43 pm

well.. I've been killed 2 or 3 times with contracts by assassins and it was never in front of the chapel or the centre. Since I never played an assassin maybe someone else could answer that question about how to follow someone without being noticed
Kampfer

Postby Ghandi » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:24 pm

The key of successfully finish a contract is indeed, like Kampfer says, knowing your opponent. There are 2 opposite general ways of doing this. 1: follow your opponent unnoticed and become familiar with his daily ritual

or 2, the one i prefer: Become 'friends' with your opponent. Act like a friend, not as a possible murderer. Create the feeling for your opponent that he's safe with you...that he can trust you. Fight along his side, save him in life/death situations. All this to remove his guard when he's with you. And then, on another adventure your opponent planned...far away from civilisation, hunting for some ferocious beasts, you hit your opponent. No witnesses and a perfect spot to cover the body. Tear some parts of your cloths and go back. In town they will ask what happened and you have your story prepared that this adventure was a bit too dangerous than your opponent could handle and that the monsters killed him and that he gave his life to save yours. Your reputation as a good friend is unharmed and your contract is fullfilled. Ready to go on with the next one.
Ghandi

Return to OOC Chat