HELP Los on Mac

Out of Character chats, discussions and rambles.

HELP Los on Mac

Postby Moe » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:33 am

Hey everyone, i just got a new intel based MacBook and i'm looking for a way to play los on it. The default program is no good because for some reason the text is the same colour as the background (makes things tricky :? ) I tried getting zMud and portal but the are for windows only. Does anyone know of a mud client for Mac? Or a way to change the text or background colour of the default program (not sure what it's called...) Thanks!
Moe

Postby Moe » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:33 pm

Hey, just an update, i got the original program running. Just the basic Telnet thing... Is there any big advantages to having a better program to play the game with? Thanks, bye.
Moe

Postby jagg » Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:07 pm

Advantages of a mud client:

Binding function keys to carry out common commands. It's a lot to type otherwise, if you are trying to hit, cast and drink potions in quick succession.

Aliases to shorten how much you need to type, which make your life much easier.

Triggers can be very powerful - you can make a character virtually play itself using them, but that kind of botting is prohibited on LOS. Even so, using triggers for emotes can make a character a lot more realistic and lively and so more entertaining to see in action.

That's a very quick few advantages. In short, you can play with just your basic telnet, but a good mud client will make your life so much easier. It's really hard to go back from using one to just telnet *cringe*
jagg

Postby Tain » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:41 pm

I did a google search and found a Mac Mud client at

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Way/6818/

I don't use a Mac, so I have no idea how good it is.
Tain

Postby Moe » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:12 am

Thanks guys.
Moe

Return to OOC Chat