Problem with moving?

Out of Character chats, discussions and rambles.

Problem with moving?

Postby Moe » Fri May 25, 2007 7:48 pm

Hey everyone (DM's especially), After the move, that happened today from the sounds of it, all of my characters have been starting in that "Journey's Beginning..." area, where the two exits are 'beginning' or 'training' and i haven't been able to leave. When i go to either of these exits it loops me back to the same room. I did notice the note saying that LOS moved, and saw the new IP address, so maybe do i need to do something with that? I am useless with this type of thing, so if i do need to do something with the new IP address, can someone please explain what i need to do? I use a program on mac called terminal, just the basic Telnet thing i think. If anyone knows what's up and could help me that'd be great. Thanks a lot.
Moe

Postby Kaneda » Sat May 26, 2007 12:51 am

Hey Moe,

Think the info in game your reading is alittle over a year old. You might be havin some problems getting out but something definently to bring up to the DMs if your are having problems. I do not think there was a move.
Kaneda

Postby Moe » Sat May 26, 2007 4:10 pm

Hey, first of all, totally forgot to mention that this is Shod. Moe's an old and now dusted character. But yeah, the message talking about the move is recent... it appeared over night (North America night anyways) and is dated May 25th 2007 at the bottom of it. I'll copy it:

################################################

We have moved!

Due to unforseen circumstances (always the way!) the game has been
relocated into a new home.

mud.landsofstone.org has been repointed to the server but the
IP address is 82.103.140.82 Please update your client accordingly

With thanks...
The Management
################################################

===> End of News (Last updated 25th May 2007)

So yeah... still can't get on, so if anyone knows what to do...
Moe

Postby Moe » Sat May 26, 2007 6:59 pm

Ok hi, an update... The link on the website www.landsofstone.com gets me into the game like normal, but the link on the website http://los.creative-realms.net which i normally went to leads to the thing i described earlier, with the same message that los moved which appears to be recent... so i don't know, but i am able to play so i'm happy :D
Moe

Postby Valiant » Sat May 26, 2007 8:43 pm

My theory is that the one with the new message (25th May) is on the old server. So if you're still logging in there, it's pointing you to the new one.

Testing... yep, seems to be the case :)
Valiant

Return to OOC Chat