ideas please

Out of Character chats, discussions and rambles.

ideas please

Postby Illyatra » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:17 pm

I have an alchemist and I like the charachter. she is low lvl right now and im just developing her personality. I would like it if some of you could give me ideas on ways to play her and what directions i could take her in.. I would like to get more RP exp. with this char so any thoughts would be appreciated
Illyatra

Postby Valiant » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:10 pm

Uhm... blow stuff up ?
Valiant

Postby Kampfer » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:11 am

Becoming a brew master and joining the Dark Order in order to make Dapetan a place where it is good to live

:twisted:
Kampfer

Postby jagg » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:46 pm

As a first thing to think about, I would try and think of a main trait to base your character on. They could be studious, greedy, kind or anything else that takes your fancy. This might relate to what aura you see the character having in the end. Once you have decided on an interesting major motivation for your character, it gives you a source of consistency in your interactions with other characters.

I wouldn't suggest that you make your character entirely one dimensional, but to add the subtler other facets over time. For example, your character might be generally a kind soul, but have a strong vengeful streak - once you have crossed them, they won't forget. This can be steered by significant events, and so you build a more complicated character through the course of their adventuring career.

Jagg
jagg

Postby Illyatra » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:21 am

thanks Jagg that kind of advice and insight will be helpful to me. Its appreciated...
Illyatra

Postby Kampfer » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:22 am

I must agree, you were more helpful than me and valiant hehe
Kampfer

Return to OOC Chat