Addiction(s)

Out of Character chats, discussions and rambles.

Addiction(s)

Postby Kampfer » Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:46 pm

I don't know for other people other than DMs and I but.. its so addicting.. I can't even put my eyes on other games (I have to install the UT2K4 to see how it is). I'm playing over 12hours per day and if I hadn't a girlfriend I should play 20hours per day... and its not the end..

..that forum.. Each day (even if I don't play.. it arrive some time :)) I have to check at it every 15mins for incomming stuff.. always hoping for an annoncement (in the same named section) new release... new area.. new updates.. new anything..

I never took any drugs in my life (good thing) but I feel guilty to play LoS.. I just hope I won't do an overdose :)
Kampfer

Postby Valiant » Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:01 pm

I seem to have gotten over it... just took a couple of years.

Almost makes me feel bad it's over for such a large part :(

Kampfer wrote: (I have to install the UT2K4 to see how it is)

Seen it on my brother's pc. Basically, more of the same, just improved graphics. There seem to be a few interesting game modes though.
Valiant

Postby Ghandi » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:22 am

Besides Los, i got one other addiction: Settlers of Catan. Mostly i play it online. I also got my own clan there (Meglaz is in it as well) and we are the best clan in the Netherlands as we have won almost every price. Sometimes i have chose which game i should play due to the lack of time i can't play both sometimes.

But i think LoS still wins it. Even though my paladin can't level, it's still fun to play with him, especially now Kampfer is rising. But nowadays i play more with other chars to get them to a higher level, though is does not always goes the way i want it to go.

Same here with forum checking. A couple a time a day i check this forum, as well as the Catan forum (which i spent more time on since its community passed 1000 members) always hoping to find something interesting, especially here. I'm also waiting for the announcement icon to turn orange.
Ghandi

Re: Addiction(s)

Postby Illyatra » Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:07 am

"I never took any drugs in my life (good thing) but I feel guilty to play LoS.. "Kampfer

well i have taken alot of drugs in my llife (not anymore) and let me tell you sumthin Kampfer. L.O.S. is alot more addictive but also alot more fun. Dont fell guilty.

Just say no
Illyatra

Postby Kampfer » Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:42 pm

Illyatra wrote:Just say no
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Last edited by Kampfer on Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kampfer

Postby Valiant » Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:03 pm

Kampfer wrote:
Valiant wrote:Just say no
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Erm... that wasn't me who said that...
Valiant

Postby Keezheekoni » Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:18 am

Yeah I used to be incredibly addicted to los. Every day when I got home I would look to log and have some adventures. That pretty much continued for a while until I suicided all my chars and took a 4 month break. Now I don't play that often at all. I am not suggesting that you suicide your characters or anything, I am just suggesting that you take a break every once in a while. Los is good fun and all but I know how it can easily deter someone from doing hw, work, and stuff in general.

Taking a break is also helpful if you get tired of roleplay. If you roleplay every day the same way it can get boring, at least in my case it does. So if you were to take a break then coming back and playing would seem new and exciting every time.

Just some thoughts --Keez
Keezheekoni

Postby Ghandi » Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:43 am

I had a forced 'break' from LoS due to my internship. I played not much last 4 1/2 months, but soon my internship is over and i might put more time in, but im not sure about that. Before my internship i had some regular associates with me (Valiant and Scorpion), but now, those two play very little. I only have Kampfer against me and he is just stronger than my paladin (hate to admit, but it's true :roll: ). Ghandi is not made for short fights, Kampfer is. Besides a new young generation who are already been corrupted by Kampfer are my enemies as well, so my paladin is pretty much alone in this fight. But Ghandi isn't really such a solo player. He needs to chat, have fun and experience great searchparties with others.
So this 'less time playing' i had wasn't that hard to survive.

@Kampfer: Don't worry that you will be alone in this world, Ghandi will still be there to provoke you :wink: . But don't expect to fight him that much, since i discovered my only defense against you by confusing you, doesn't work so i must hope on a succesful crit, since i totally can't rely on my offensive casting abilities (shatterstone usually works, but not always and i'm not even talking about engulf. Protect myself against your magic fails most of the time and i can't heal for that much). And since losing clanfights cost me xp and % (im only bothered by that last part, though lose 6480 is a lot as well) i prevent losing that.

I will play more with my other chars, but they are also like my paladin not built to be really powerful (since i don't know what they exactly need for that :P ) but getting all my chars above lvl 10 is my first priority.

Oh well, i'll keep enjoying to play LoS...too addicted to stop and Ghandi finally have a good opponent to rp with.
Ghandi

Postby Keezheekoni » Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:07 pm

I feel slightly guilty with Blaze abandoning you, and apparently Scorpion doing the same. Keez does share your wanting to search, so you could probably sway him easily to your side. It is strange with the tables turned, it always used to be Elnor by himself... Anyways, if you want the help of Keez then he might drop his reigns of neutrality to help you fight. Well when you play more it is something to consider. Have a nice day.
--Keez
Keezheekoni

Postby Scorpion » Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:17 am

i think blaze and scorpion are a bit different. I don't like the paladin-dark-kinght roleplay anymore. it's always the same: i hate you. Yes, i hate you too, let's fight. it get's boring. and you know that kampfer will win, cause he has much better stats for offensive fighting. Offcourse some will say that i can beat kampfer, but only with a crit. else i must confuse him and hope (*cross* *cross* *cross*) that he won't cast between it. so that my confuse will last more then 5 sec, but that's just hope. and because it's my first char, i don't really want to suicide, but he has wrong stats for that. (don't start talking about my stats aren't wrong, but i could make better ones). But because i can't make a break (hehe, can't, it's just too addictive), i play with other chars now. allmost got all 10+, now 12+ is the aim. and safe...

Blaze, you just got bored with the game.. well i think so. got angry that you didn't found things, while people like erynn/kylan did found all of the stuff. Perhaps that's why i had so many chars and suicided them, just a bit of distraction (<- did i spel this right?). i got about 5/6 chars right now. perhaps too much, who'll say that.

Playing with meglaz is starting to look the same as scorpion.. orc-elf thing. just the same of i hate you and i hate you too. really need something different. But the problem is, i don't think i can be different in some ways. i can't talk much too people without any fight. else i get too bored. so somehow i need to find something between hating, but be able to talk with others, and getting award for that. I tried my horse, but that was an introduction. i tried to continue it, but i can't think of something, besides something in a story.

Perhaps it's because i lack in english language that i can't find a right way, or that i just don't have enough inspiration. Perhaps i'm not good enough to roleplay till skillfull or something. Or not, but that hate thing is just too boring. i know i'll lose the fight, expect with meglaz, but meglaz is just way to powerfull for her lvl. who else got a lvl 4 spell at lvl 10/11, or protect-fire. Maybe it's better just to be a stupid char, only going for xp and lvl. i don't know.

I have no idea if i roleplay good. offcourse getting the title would assume that i do it right. nah right.. i shouldn't complain that much. i know i like the game. but somehow i'm not doing the right thing, i guess. I know you get some RP's for introducing you char, so saying that i have more RP's that ghandi that won't work. i had more chars then ghandi. but suidide much of them, especially dark-knights.

hmm, let's play again.. stop complaining
i should find pro-earth soon . . . .
Scorpion

Postby Kampfer » Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:02 am

I understand.. I have the same problem. my lack of english put some barrier on RP.. searching for a good purpose of life isn't easy too. I finally found one else than only "i hate you.. you hate me.. I kill you.. you can't kill me :wink: " corrupting people.. making my character inspiring fear and respect. ( at least fear :))

same thing.. getting exp.. killing paladins.. argu with paladins.. and it will be like that for a long moment ... I guess DMs are fixing alot of bug (I bugreport myself alot of thing so I guess I'm not the only one) so I don't think they will do like before the pwipe soon.. gnolls/bandits raiding cities.

for my part.. playing Kampfer is more like real life.. I don't have all my head.. getting paranoid.. good to convince people to anything (almost).. sadly I can't find a blackstar stilleto and start a rampage in the city... (one day!) this character is released after so much try(suicides) with Elnor (this one was awesome).

I just keep playing to run from the reality.. so sad here... so grey.. so hopeless.. (yup.. still on burnout but I have to find a job.. can't eat without that.. nor have internet to play los again)

the final word is..... phrase is.... los rulez and I hope new stuff will coming for the next autumn at least... i'm so freak.. i need to blast my mind with real action stuff.. not only searching for that damn cursed heartseeker!
Kampfer

Postby Keezheekoni » Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:12 am

Well I was slightly frustrated with the game, but that is not enough to make me suicide. The pile of hw that wasn't getting done had a little more of an effect.

I recall not to long ago Shihan casting pro-evil on you. I myself have no idea where to begin searching to find new things. Seems like I have searched the forest over and over again, goblins destroy mages... in general it seems like there is nothing that I can find. That was a little off topic, the point is that spells that could help you defeat Kampfer do exist. A critical weapon exists. There are probably numerous other things that would offset Kampfer's apparent advantage. Ghandi always says that he fails pro-fire, but getting the spell in the form of a potion would be easy for him. It is definitely the motivation that helps us find things.

And yes Scorpion you are good at roleplaying. You wouldn't even let Keez kill a shopkeeper deep in the woods. It does seem like Dark-knights and paladins just hate one another, and with these dark elves it also seems like they hate both orcs and elves. Yeah, I was going to add some incredibly helpful advice here, but I can't exactly think of any. Maybe playing your thief, they kill on occasion and the mischief they cause can be entertaining.

For that pro-earth thing, I will search with you if you want. Searching alone is boring and often turns up nothing. Well if you want to just poke me on irc or something.

"cursed heartseeker" <---- ohh that sounds familiar

Good luck with things --Keez
Keezheekoni

Postby Ghandi » Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:05 am

Hehe, you're right Keez...i could obtain those pro-fire items, though i must be lucky with a drop, but at least i should be able to get those. Unfortunately, Kampfer is already prepared for that and somehow achieved to get his earth realms skills about 60% (im already lucky is got earth at 62%....it just goes sooo slow) and starts firing confuse on me. My confuse on Kampfer doesn't last 5 secs and obtaining pro-earth items are really really hard. So wasting those on Kampfer is a real waste, since i could better use them in fights that matter (sorry Kampfer, our fights are for entertainment :wink: ). Im also searched the forest quite some times without any luck, but i will try again. This time i will spent more time on it so i should at least find one of those things i think that is hidden in that cursed forest (pro-earth, bonebreaker and heartseeker or maybe something else i still have to find out, but i need a hell of a party for that. I know 2 places that would need such a group, but where do you get such a group these days with the knowledge of those places?).

First i have to finish two reports *sigh*. One of at least 60 pages and one of 40 pages. Have 3 weeks for that :?
Ghandi

Postby brent » Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:24 am

i hate to break it to you kampfer but alot of people I've talked to hate you in secret (no names issued here, go somewhere else) and the moment that your weak they will strike :idea: :evil:
brent

Postby Scorpion » Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:11 am

As long as you hate kampfer, and not the sweet ( ;) ) person behind it
Scorpion

Next

Return to OOC Chat