Los......

Out of Character chats, discussions and rambles.

Los......

Postby Nitro » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:14 pm

Los....has been down for like three hours now today it sucks........let me know when its back up......
Nitro

Postby Scorpion » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:55 pm

:?
what's wrong now?
Scorpion

Postby Qoith_2 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:52 am

Words can almost not express the anger I felt upon reading Scorpion's reply to this post. Didn't he read the previous posts ...
http://losbb.creative-realms.net/viewtopic.php?t=358
http://losbb.creative-realms.net/viewtopic.php?t=364

There has been an on-going connectivity problem for over a month now and it is getting worse every day. It has got to the point where I can manange to get a few hours on LoS between 10am-1pm GMT (and so far I have been lucky, not to die each each time it goes down again ... usually preceeded by incredibly bag lag). I then have to wait patiently (or should I say impatiently) for the router to be re-set or whatever is done to clear the "blockage" each morning. Of course, it appears that the router staff don't work on Sundays, so I cant mud on Sundays at all coz LoS is always down for me then. All the evidence points to a DoS attack and I am coming to accept that I may well have to stop playing altogether as no-one seems to be pursuing the problem. I know that players in UK seem to be having very few connectivity problems, but I have tried via 2 ISPs in Australia and obviously Nitro is encountering the same problem. Ghandi and Ariel couldn't connect either the first time it happened so I would be interested to know if they are still experiencing difficulties.

It would, however, be nice if the players who can connect spare a thought every now and then for those players missing from the Lands. We are not missing though OUR choice :evil: :evil: :evil:

P.S. If anyone has the ear of any member of staff (i.e. a non-LoS related email address), it would be appreciated if they could be told there is a problem.
Qoith_2

Postby Qoith_2 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:38 pm

OK ... so the connection has not come back at 10am GMT today.

I LOVE playing LoS but seems like I have to play another mud for a while. Am going to give Red Sands a try. Maybe a mud closer to home will be better for me.

If anyone hears that the problems on LoS are fixed, please leave a message here. I hate packing up jigsaw puzzles that have not been completed and that is how I feel about LoS. All the edges are complete and much of the interior ... just a dozen or more small holes throughout the "picture". And, of course, the RP ... believe it or not, I WILL miss that. RP has grown on me over the last year. The RP incentive is good and strong on LoS and it does make it a "richer" place. I can no longer imagine mudding without RPing.

Hope to be back soon
Qoith_2

Postby Valiant » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:53 pm

Fyi, I am unable to connect at this moment.
Valiant

Postby jagg » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:33 am

Ah... Qoith.

I hope that despite your difficulties in connecting to LOS that you will check back frequently to see if things have improved. One of the most difficult things in the Lands is assembing a group of sufficient power to tackle the harder pieces of the jigsaw, and it has been a pleasure to associate with your characters and Magai. I think we have all learned a substantial amount, and there is more to learn also.

In fact, I do an injustice to the ethos of the game with my comment, implying that power is the only thing required. A group of sufficient strength AND compatible characters is extremely difficult to find. It is something I have rarely enjoyed, and I will be hugely disappointed if my chances for adventuring with you are reduced.
jagg

Postby magai » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:36 am

WTG scorp... nice understanding reply. i can HEAR the sarcasm.
the lands are short of ppl as it is, lets not alienate any more.

ISPs are notorious for "its not us".
The generic DOS attack isnt generic, if they get off their asses they can trace the route and source of it and block the suckers and not the whole darn router.

Maybe LoS want to complain and use the customer cattle prod.

If the mud is hosted on a corporate site then ppl cant get to that site from a country or countries = loss of business.

we users cant fix this - it has to come from the staff.

i have said it before - im not a solo RP mudder and i team on LoS to mud.
continuous solo RP takes a certain mindset (a scary one)
i team mostlly with Qoiths charcters, if they arnt on well i guess i wont be.
I can hear the "attitude" (well all the better for us) and (screw him) but its a very small player base now.
I like LoS and now i have stopped fighting the RP and have (tried to) embraced it, its (yes, you told me so) a lot of fun.

I hope to return with renewed enthusiasm (thanks Jagg and Meglaz)

I will stick with my RP mud buddy and see you when the comms resolve.
have a lag free day y'alllll
magai

Postby Scorpion » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:58 am

WTF?!?!

again

WTF?!?!

I couldn't connect, i saw no new post on the bb. so i post this single line and suddently qoith gets upset. I never saw any post of her, not new or something else, so i had no *bad word* idea what's going on.

and Magai.... sarcasm?!?!

again

Sarcasm?!?!

I was just hoping to get a reply to find out what's wrong. heard somethign aobut a DoS attack, but hey, what the *bad word* is that? Alienate... huh?
I really miss some info. but still.... WTF?!?!

***?!?!
Scorpion

Postby magai » Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:11 am

ok Scorp I must admit... that was funny :D
magai

Postby Tain » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:56 am

Amazing! For the first time this week I was able to successfully get on LOS. Too bad, I only had 10 minutes free at the time.

Keep trying, maybe the problem has been fixed.
Tain

Postby dumas » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:32 pm

I have been able to play on LOS the past 2 days at any time. It seems to have cleared up (at least for me not sure about anyone else).
dumas

Postby jagg » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:02 pm

dumas wrote:I have been able to play on LOS the past 2 days at any time. It seems to have cleared up (at least for me not sure about anyone else).

That's funny, I was just going to post and ask if everyone else was having problems. I've not been able to get on for since about Friday, and I'm even in the same country. Hmm...

Slaves! Sacrifice a chicken to appease the router!
jagg

Postby Kampfer » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:39 am

I haven't been able to connect as well.. so i'm playing UNREAL TOURNAMENT 2004 !!!!!!!!!! and let me tell you something... I'M A F*CKING KILLING MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:
Kampfer

Postby Scorpion » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:11 pm

hope our chars won't get dusted cause of not-playing. . . . .
Scorpion

Postby dumas » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:15 pm

You could always use mudconnector's telnet app to keep your chars from getting dusted...
dumas

Next

Return to OOC Chat